ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

BMW E46 330i Touring
I was sceptical about the washpudel, let me know what it's like :)

Well, first impressions are that I'm not impressed. Leaves cotton deposits all over the place and, whilst the amount of water it holds is great, it also means it takes forever to rinse out.

I'll persevere with it for now in case the cotton bits were just because it was the first use, but I'm not particularly confident.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Always the same with GT stuff. Use once on your own car then sell on and recoup all monies.

It lasts that long you're never going to have to re-apply it really.

Not sure I could last over a year without polishing my car, which would obviously remove something like exo

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Well, first impressions are that I'm not impressed. Leaves cotton deposits all over the place and, whilst the amount of water it holds is great, it also means it takes forever to rinse out.

I'll persevere with it for now in case the cotton bits were just because it was the first use, but I'm not particularly confident.

Did it feel safe on removing dirt though?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Remember your money back guarantee mate. PB are very good that way.

Not sure I could last over a year without polishing my car, which would obviously remove something like exo

Get that C1.5 out to you tomorrow mate. Yeah I see what you're saying. Although if protected well enough and polished well before hand you might find that it doesn't actually need polished!

Mine hasn't sen anything since November last year and looks freshly waxed even after a wash with gwash.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Did it feel safe on removing dirt though?

Yeah it felt pretty good in that respect, all dirt pulling into the fibres well enough. Also the first time I've used AF Lather which seems very slick.

Very true, I may email Rich to see if he'd be happy for me to send it back. If I just didn't "get on" with it I wouldn't bother but it was a bit frustrating having to pick bits of white cotton out of the areas where bodywork meets trim!

Clio 182, Astra Sri

Get that C1.5 out to you tomorrow mate. Yeah I see what you're saying. Although if protected well enough and polished well before hand you might find that it doesn't actually need polished!

Mine hasn't sen anything since November last year and looks freshly waxed even after a wash with gwash.

Cheers, I'll have a play with it on Friday of it gets here in time, got the rr day on the Saturday and want it looking nice.

Regarding exo.

What I mean is, I'd rather a product to have a months durability but have exceptional shine. Because I love doing the whole detailing thing

Obviously exo is the perfect best of both worlds product.

The reason I want the 1.5 is
Because its a really shiny sealant, not the fact of its durability.

I couldn't pay £125 for exo and not detail my car for a year lol I understand it wouldn't be necessary, but let's be honest, that's under perfect circumstances within the year (good wash technique etc)

If my car were to induce swirls whilst wearing exo, I'd have to sort them out, therefore having to re apply a very expensive product.

Rant over lol

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I like the idea of using Ceramic sealants as base products if you really do want to wax/glaze over them.

For eg on my next car i'll have Ceramic base and hopefully if it is Red i'll want to glaze and wax it. Because the base is so strong it will minimise any marks and swirls from washing so the true clearcoat is protected. The whole reason for protection in the first place is to protect the paint finish. :)

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
36x microfibre cloths
dodo juice wash mitt
2x jumbo drying towels
auto finesse lather shampoo 1l
auto finesse citrus grime remover 1l
auto finesse imperial concentrate 1l
auto finesse tripple 250ml

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose it's detailing related :)

California Car Scents.
X2 Cherry
Bubblegum
New Car

And also 20 microfiber cloths for odd jobs.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yupp VERY I have the cherry one in mine, ripped the lid off and it's strong. So that's now in my boot and I have a jelly bean cherry airfreshner also from frauds :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I was reading the thread on them before. And every person recommended cherry, so I ha to get some :)

What's the new car scent like. As most air freshener ones are pretty poor?

Mine came with lids too, so they shouldn't knock me out.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
New car scent is Bismal tbh, doesn't even smell like new car. The magic tree smells better than that one. Yeah keep the lids on. I learnt the sneezing way :eek:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
They come with lids, well I think they do. I just ripped mine off haha :)

Anyone used the new meguiars waterless wash and Wax system? ( mega ultimate wash and wax anywhere )

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Eurow ones are too plush for buffing waxes in my opinion.

Try sonething with a a slightly shorter pile. Some of the Dodo obes are superb. Polished Bliss' poorboys ones are very very good.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Got home to find this little collection waiting for me this evening.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339185801.142731.jpg

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Just had:
2 new pads - Hex logic ones are shagged.
500ml of SN shampoo
Poor Boys SSR2
Valet Pro PH Neutral snow foam

Need to buy:

IronX see what all that crack is about.
Some C4
Some new MF towells

Suggestions on the following please?

Drying towell
Wash Mitt
LSP
Detailing brushes that last?
Wheel cleaner
Wheel brush

Golf GT & A4 Avant
drying towel - i4d uber yellow (when it's in stock) or the CG woolly mammoth
LSP? where to start, what do you want from it / durability / looks / budget / wax or sealant, from reading Russ's previous posts I'd consider Z2 for LY.
wheel cleaner - bilberry or imperial
wheel brush - EZ detail brush, expensive but far superior than all the others I've bought.

FF 182
Bilburry wheel cleaner and EZ big wheel brush.....been putting the wheel brush off for a while as i find it wexpensive but with the hose pipe ban and washing the turini's taking a while i decided to get it in the end. Hope i'm not disappointed!

Inferno 225 cup
Just orders bilberry wheel cleaner, poor boys wheel sealant kit that contains brush applicator pad and mf all for £23 hope that's a deal I just saw and bought it. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do you want a proper shampoo or a wash n Gloss style product?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Af Lather for good cleaning (my new fave over btbm) rinses off really well too

Citrus wash and gloss for something that leaves added shine behind (IMO)
It's a very slick product too

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There are some good shampoos out there. Lather isn't really a patch on BTMB.

Gwash suits me because the car is protected well, it's just a great shampoo. Might be different if not.