ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

R14 CUP
Amigo, G Techniq glass sealant G1 & G4, Bilberry, valet pro wheel brush, German applicator pads, and lake country DA pad.

Zymol Carbon next for me :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Amigo by DA on the bonnet and flanks. Sealed with 2x Z2 and then the whole car was wiped down with Z8.

Crappy picture of brilliant results. The bonnet looks especially decent, even on this picture.

So basically, Amigo and Z2/Z8 are the sh*t.

:cool:

3b613bc5.jpg

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
This weekend:

Wheels off the car
Decontaminated and cleaned
Ipa
C5
C1.5

Glass G4/1/2

Decontamination
2 hits with Amigo on a blue 3M pad via DA
Driven and re-washed
Wolfs nano QD wipe down
3rd coat of glasur
Car is now under dust sheeting for coat #4.

Can't decide whether to finish with Z8 or Nano QD.
After today, a bold claim I know, I think wolfs might even have the edge on Z8. More testing needed though.

Very nice order!

This weekend I will be doing the first of 3 details in prep for FCS.

This one will be a full decon, inc wheels off.
Amigo.
2 coats of Glausr.

Will also be straightening and cleaning the exhaust and sorting the arch liners out.

2 of 3 will be top up of Glasur, and the engine bay/interior

3 of 3 will be an afternoon clean and topup of Glasur on the day before I head down.

So I need to order some Glasur and some more plastic treatment (I've run out of my Wolfs :()

I just need new arches tbf. One is f**ked and the others have 7 years worth of tar etc :|

Yeah one of mine folds down at speed and gets dragged along the road until I stop and it flips back up.

Fingers crossed got hold of a new one!

I'm worried it will flip off and go into the cambelt :(

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Same happened to mine on the other side. The tyre then burnt a hole through it.

I couldn't hear on the motorway (driving to leeds) so it was only when I arrived That I finally noticed :|

I just ordered 5L of Tardis, another 1L of Wolfs Deironizer, 1L of Mezerna 106FA polish, 4" backing plate and 4" Green, White, Red Hex LogicPads. Oh and a PB Utility brush.

What towels do people suggest for buffing off wax/polish? Is deeper pile better for buffing?

Just added some iron x and a valet pro wheel brush to my collection just in time for when I hold of my Mondial blue cup, although I could do with someone going over it with a DA ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Should be someone local to you mate.

If anyone needs a big bottle of C1.5, I have some spare. It sheets water like mental!

Was thinking of buying myself one but the new car needs a few things first, either a kind person on here or a hand detail will have to do for the time being.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It would blow BW out the water on it's own. Its a mental product mate. It'll also be a great top up product.

Probably £12 posted for a 500ml bottle. Think it's usually £18. Brand new with sprayer. :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
They are totally different products. Amigo is a glaze that you use after polishing.

Have a read about it in Gally's stickied thread.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Recently I've purchased

Auto finesse revive
Meguiars lambs wool wash mitt
Dodo juice double wax (detailing world one)
3x Kent microfibre huge drying towels

Got to admit that those towels I was unsure about, but for £9 on amazon I thought I'd give them a try and I am well impressed, gave them a few washes in the machine before use, they aren't exactly huge, but I only need one to dry the 182 so have 2 spare!

And just purchased some c1.5 from gally haha

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's a superb product mate. Very good protection for the paint.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
is ValetPRO Banana Wax any good on dark colours?
going to get a sample bottle and have a try, and having a little comparison to my favourite wax, collinite 915.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not really comparable to be fair to it mate. Kinda product you use on your laptop, fridge, penis. Delete as applicable.