ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd also recommend claying the glass before application as this will help with bonding and wiper judder after application

Yeah before polishing. I was assuming he'd do this to remove any contaminants. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Not that many people clay glass and I was surprised how much rubbish it picked up on what I thought to be clean glass, so said it just incase.

Dan, to summarise the perfect obsessive compulsive detailing disorder;
Wash
Glass cleaner
clay
G4 polish
G2 / IPA wipe down
First layer of g1
Leave to cure for 15minutes
Second layer of g1
Leave to cure for 15 minutes
Third layer of g1
Whilst leaving to cure for 15minutes apply a single layer to all other glass if you want to, if you had a normal car;)
Use g2 to buff of dried remaining residue.

Don't forget to give the wipers a thorough clean, or replace
Once you start you'll soon realise it's much easier than it sounds

Golf GT & A4 Avant
http://www.morethanpolish.com/maxi-filter-refillable-long-life-water-filter-system.asp

considering the above water filter for rinsing during details as our area is about 550 - 600ppm. seems a better option than the autogleem filters as they didn't last all that long with the level of contaminants here. I did think I should stop being lazy and do a better job of drying after rinsing from the wash / de tar / de iron / claying stages but I'm getting through a lot of towels in a detail.

all the gear and no idea or a good idea for us hard watered Essex folk?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a waste for me mate. Try spraying demon shine on the car after washing etc then rinse it off lightly. Worked so well on the Frp. Car was dry by the time I got home. Around 1 minutes drive. Great for certain things.

Well worth a try.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
general routine washing isn't a problem. open hose rinse and a light misting with a water based QD and job done. its all the rinsing during decontaminating that I get bored

wouldn't the demon shine keep leaving product behind

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was guessing your problem was water spotting during routine wash? Ie couldn't be arsed drying etc or didn't want to as you know that's where a lot of damage can occur.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
yeah I know the risk, another reason to not want to keep drying during a detail. money can't buy a better technique I know, just an idea.

will look out for a little demon shine and have a play

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So when is the water spotting giving you a problem? Surely after open hose there is minimal water left?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
on a maintained car then yes spotting is greatly reduced, but our water is terrible. I will take a photo of the rear G1'd screen of the Focus at the weekend after sheeting water across it.

it's the rinsing of unmaintained or failing LSP cars and when stripping back where there is an issue. I could just save some money and put more effort in and get more of the uber yellow towels. I'll start another thread once I've got some photos save taking the thread off course.

Not a 320d
What are the chances that I will recieve my £250 order from Tim today?

Was dispatched yesterday but I opted for free delivery.

I rekon 0/10 knowing him.

If it was Elite car care it would be here by now.

<3 elite.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe you spent that much with him!

I4D and Shinerama are my faves at the moment.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ordered some new wax's.
collinite 915 ( favourite )
fininshkare 1000p high temp
DJ supernatural wax

then these:
PB blackhole
meguaires Super degreaser
megs clay bar X 3

this should all help me do grandads mk2 astra estate and nextdoors corsa+fiesta :)

Not a 320d
I can't believe you spent that much with him!

I4D and Shinerama are my faves at the moment.

He had everything I needed so unfortunately it made sense to buy there. .

I try ordering from elite whenever I can. My last big order was about £400 with them.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't trust him to send me a card. No offence Tim.

I need a couple more bits.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
That's a lot of LSP! :S

haha i know :D needed the collinite as my last tin has ran out. the other two are for a test and a mate..
fk1000p is what a mate asked me to order.
DJ supernatural is for dad's focus as collinite looks crap on it

but going to use them all on the 3 cars i have to do this week :)

e92 330i
Just bought some tough coat from cyc, cba with power seal with a da on the gfs car. Plus this looks pretty good.

I dont see the big deal with cyc and postage, been using them for 4/5 months and always been withing 2 days delivery. Maybe im just lucky.

I don't order from them unless nowhere else has it in stock/they are significantly cheaper.
Its not the postage time its the dispatch time. They were helpful when I emailed them about it however.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
as above it's there delivery that spoils there service. make an order with next day delivery, and its not been processed for 2 days on one occassion whereas i4d would've had it done the same day.

been ordering from them maybe 3 years and it's never been exceptional

e92 330i
Fair enough. Ive only done maybe 10 orders from cyc and never been in a rush so it hasnt bothered me. They stock all the products i need whereas I found PB to not always have everything, but PB delivery is brilliant so I try to order from them too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
5 ltrs!

A litre a Panel wipe I use for cars is 3/4 full. I've been using it for 4 months!

It's weird how ipa/panel wipe works.

Right guys, received my G1 sealant kit this morning. I'll have a to at it this evening BUT I have one more question.

After applying everything, and then using the G2 to remove the residue, would using a microfibre to buff be too aggressive? Is that why they recommend a cotton cloth?

I do have some unused Autoglym perfect polishing cloths, which are cotton. Would they be better to use?

Not a 320d
Just use one of the cotton applicators you get with it. Youll need to use the G2 sparingly anyway.

you might find theres some smearing left behind but itll go when its been washed a few times. Alternativly use an IPA based glass cleaner like 3M glass cleaner and a microfibre cloth.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Z6 + z8
2x MF applicators
Mercury metal polish
PB detailing brush
Swissvax leather cleaning brush
More P21's cleanser
G101.. again! f**k me I can drink that stuff!

Samples of Desire + Vintage arrived yesterday.

I Was soooo tempted to get some vintage on DW!

There wasn't much in the sample though to justify over more important things.

Let us know how you get on.

On another note, the beading on Stjarnagloss Glasparla Hyper Beader is insane!

I've done a few hundred miles and it hasn't changed at all on the car so far.