ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Z6 + z8
2x MF applicators
Mercury metal polish
PB detailing brush
Swissvax leather cleaning brush
More P21's cleanser
G101.. again! f**k me I can drink that stuff!

Samples of Desire + Vintage arrived yesterday.

thoughts on P21 cleanser please Kev, was looking to try tough prep and raceglaze cleanser next. is this the R222? can't find any others

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I got the Vintage from a friend. I did laugh at the price of some of those samples!

I'll get some photos up later, my boss spotted me taking them after work yesterday...

"Were you taking photos of the water on your car?"

"Yes, yes I was, don't ask..."

FML, at least it's the only gimpy hobby I have.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
thoughts on P21 cleanser please Kev, was looking to try tough prep and raceglaze cleanser next. is this the R222? can't find any others

Best on light colours mate. Quick filler heavy and great at stripping dirt. R222's are sold by Polished Bliss and Clean your car now. :)

Tough prep will be good Raceglaze is pants. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
so P21 is R222 cleanser?

side stepping a little, what are your thoughts on rejuvenate? I'm getting a lovely finish and good cleaning ability, but not quite the correction or filling that I would with LP. probably user error, but generally I'm pretty happy with it as a quick hit.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm I see it as LP mk2 with no drawbacks tbh. Correction and filling via machine definitely outstrips hand application. Maybe try working it more like a polish?

R222's is actually the new name of P21's mate. Very confusing I know! P21's hasn't been used for years.

I applied the G1 stuff to the car yesterday evening. And the one time I actually want a bit of rain, now it looks like its going to be sunny!!

It was a bit tougher to remove than I thought. It certainly wasn't as easy as in the little demo video on their site.

I guess when it rains next it'll be obvious if I've done it properly.

Not a 320d
b*****d isnt it.

Long as you got 3 layers on waiting 15 minutes youll be reet.

Like i said, use an IPA based glass cleaner if theres still smearing or go back over it with G2.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I did it with nanolex ultra last night! :eek: Not sure what the f**k went wrong, was ready to get the compound out! Applied another layer and then it came off a treat.

Think it was the low temps in the garage.

e92 330i
3136e2ef.jpg

Cant wait to try tough coat!

Just ordered:

Chemical Guys Hex logic Yellow and Orange pads.
Menzerna FG500 + PF2500.
3 lots of 3M tape.

Now I have the full range of pads, a range of polishes, and am going to the Introduction to Machine Polishing course this sunday at KDS with Kelly, so can be taught properly how top use all my products! Should be good.

Bumder With A Buffer
O need some new tyre dressing....recommendations?

Was using NLTG before, don't want something that splatters

Mini JCW
O need some new tyre dressing....recommendations?

Was using NLTG before, don't want something that splatters

I use Zaino Z16. Easy application, great durability and very economical. Plus it smells awesome!

Although as Auto Finesse seems to be the brand of the moment, i'm sure someone will be along to say AF Gloss / Satin is superior ;).

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, can't claim any superiority as I've only previously used DJ Tyromania or AutoGlym tyre dressing for as long as I can remember! It's definitely better than those though (Tyromania is good but horribly messy).

Mini JCW
Lol, can't claim any superiority as I've only previously used DJ Tyromania or AutoGlym tyre dressing for as long as I can remember! It's definitely better than those though (Tyromania is good but horribly messy).

As I say, it wasn't a dig at you - I just notice that DW goes through phases and fads of must have brands. Over the past few years it's gone from Zaino - Dodo Juice - Wolfs - AutoBrite and now it seems Auto Finesse.

When I first saw TyroMania announced I was quite intrigued, as it's a totally different way of 'dressing' the tyres, but from reading peoples experience and feedback on it, it's not lived up to expectations tbh.

Bumder With A Buffer
I use Zaino Z16. Easy application, great durability and very economical. Plus it smells awesome!

Although as Auto Finesse seems to be the brand of the moment, i'm sure someone will be along to say AF Gloss / Satin is superior ;).

Aye that seems to be the new favourite
I have also used finishkare satinmatt tyre dressing and that's quite good

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
German apps are good because they last. I've been using the same half for about 12 months. Nice and loaded with product so everytime you go to use it you only need minimal amount of gel. :)

Oh and mega endurance is still the best tyre gel for than nice glossy look that lasts. I simply haven't used anything that comes close.

Zaino is good for the more satin look. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My first bottle lasted 2 years mate. :eek:

Notice they have a new bottle/lid now. Very jazzy! It's so good!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
you see I'm not that keen on a mega glossy tyre as I've got some silver alloys, however I'm changing to a gloss black alloy tomorrow so I'm not too sure how a satin the would look.

What are peoples opinions with a gloss black alloy then, satin or gloss tyre?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The original version of AF gloss looked like but didnt last well at all. Not tried the new formula. I still find myself going to the i4d tyre gloss as it lasts very well but is extremely glossy. I'm finding a good mix of looks and durability from both gt t1 and af revive on tyres freshly prepped and dressed

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
you see I'm not that keen on a mega glossy tyre as I've got some silver alloys, however I'm changing to a gloss black alloy tomorrow so I'm not too sure how a satin the would look.

Gloss black needs megs endurance! Or pinnacle onyx, but more expensive...

Megs on an ST...

7157038327_bab7cdabc2_z.jpg

IMG_1956 by gal666, on Flickr

The original version of AF gloss looked like but didnt last well at all. Not tried the new formula. I still find myself going to the i4d tyre gloss as it lasts very well but is extremely glossy. I'm finding a good mix of looks and durability from both gt t1 and af revive on tyres freshly prepped and dressed

Don't bother with the new formula mate. Seriously! Few unhappy folks on DW

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Gloss i'd say. Megs Endurance gel.

My bottle has lasted over 2 years and it's still half full.

Bumder With A Buffer
Anyone got any C4 they wish to part ways with?

Or if not best place with discount to get it from?? Does Elite Carcare do a discount?? I cant remember

Not a 320d
German apps are good because they last. I've been using the same half for about 12 months. Nice and loaded with product so everytime you go to use it you only need minimal amount of gel. :)

Oh and mega endurance is still the best tyre gel for than nice glossy look that lasts. I simply haven't used anything that comes close.

Zaino is good for the more satin look. :)

Best one available IMO, cheap too!

Just bought 6 of them.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
bilberry wheel cleaner
iron x
one detail brush
lambs wool mitt
dodo juice supernatural shampoo

all arrived from 14detailing 1 day after ordering. great service!

waiting on obitarate and citrus blast from polish bliss