ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

FLOL at detailing for 3 weeks and posting videos to get CS points!

CS points? A few weeks back you were asking some very basic detailing questions. Last week you setup a detailing business, while asking Russ questions for a "detailing project," this week you're telling people you know more than most in this section?

I'm out.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
A general point I'd like to make having been a reader of the majority of the threads in this section recently:

On the whole I see this section as a valuable resource on CS. I enjoy reading the new threads and cogitating on people's views on the latest/most popular/classic detailing products and broadly speaking I think it's an easier place to get answers to specific (and admittedly sometimes seemly obvious) questions due to the more intimate nature of this section as opposed to a massive forum such as DW.

However, of late there seems to be a lot of snide, sarcastic and/or belittling comments being posted that to me risk ruining the open, friendly nature of this section and alienating those how need the sections vast knowledge the most, the detailing newbs such as myself. It would be a shame, gentlemen, if a few ruined it for the many.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Here here Owen, Lets get back on track?

Whats the deal with wheel woolies? Are they the new ez detail brush? Why do they only sell them in packs of 3? And are they tough enough to deal with arches etc?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Owen I made my point clear months ago about people giving out bad advice.

I won't pussyfoot around and watch people ruin their paintwork because they think the advice they're given is fact.

Always been a problem in detailing just seems more apparent the days.

I don't know everything mate but some of stuff I seen posted recently beggars belief. I seen a guy post that he used a clay bar to take tar off. Do you know how many people on here will read that and assume that's the right thing to do?

Maybe I shouldn't bother correcting people.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I wasn't thinking of you specifically Gally. But to pick up on your point, do I expect you to glance the other way or feel unable to comment when something factually incorrect is posted? No, I do not. I am well aware of, and have personally benefitted from, your valuable contributions to this section.

But, i am sure you will agree there is a way of correcting people without being for want of a better word, mean. Again, a general observation not aimed at you specifically.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
o you use this stuff over your existing lsp? Does it provide any of its own protection or is simple just water behaviour

I can see the need of wheel woolies on grubby wheels, but on sealed I can't see its needed

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
o you use this stuff over your existing lsp? Does it provide any of its own protection or is simple just water behaviour

I can see the need of wheel woolies on grubby wheels, but on sealed I can't see its needed

It's a little like Z6 I suppose. It adds very little protection but still beads and sheets water.

Just use it as a QD really. Good for lubing pads also and cheap. I went for 1:5 because I hate diluting stuff too much. It's good value. Can't even remember where I got it, who gave me it!

Wheel wollies I didn't like that much. Price vs performance really. I prefer good cleaners and getting them agitated with Ez brush.

The small wollie is good for tar removal on wheels though just not for me sadly.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
The only problem I have with th ez detail brush is the fact I get covered in muck from spray.. I might just give these wheel woolies a go.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The only problem I have with th ez detail brush is the fact I get covered in muck from spray.. I might just give these wheel woolies a go.

I've had this trouble with almost every whel brush I've used, just that the EZ brush actually cleans properly and lasts whereas all the cheaper ones I've had don't. It's not quite so bad on sealed wheels thankfully

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It might spray if you're thrashing about like a mentalist! It's still the daddy for wheel cleaning. Mines is over a year old and still looks like new.

The valet pro brush is very very good, nice short brush length, very impressed.

Not a 320d
You have to treat it well though. Ive had 2 and broke them both. Have an EZ mini which I think is more betterer.

Latest Order....

Product: Zymol Glasur
Quantity: 1

Product: Eurow - Shag Pile Double Density Towels
Options: Quantity - Pack of Ten

Product: Ultimate German Applicator
Quantity: 6

Product: Dodo Juice - Born to be Mild Shampoo
Options: Size - 500ml Bottle
Quantity: 2

Product: Zymol Wash Sponge

Product: Trim & Tyre Dressing Applicator

Product: Chemical Guys - Wooly Mammoth Drying Towel

Product: Sonus Carnauba Spritz

Product: 3M Glass Cleaner

Half of this is for my Boss.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh those german applicators cut in half make the best tyre gel applicators. ;) They hold the product after lots of use so you use even less next time. I've had the same one for over a year.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
In most cases yeah. I'd go and get some panel wipe mate from halfrauds or spray stores. Panel wipe is much better than ipa for clean surfaces especially GT products.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do you not have a local bodyshop or spray stores. Panel wipe is a good buy!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
all my local halfords dont stock panel wipe other than in small amount packs of wipes and wasn't overly impressed by them. Best speak to some local bodyshops as some may sell you a little. if not a proper car paint store, mine is over 25miles away but well worth a visit.

Or as you're considering GTechniq products, why not order their panel wipe?

all my local halfords dont stock panel wipe other than in small amount packs of wipes and wasn't overly impressed by them. Best speak to some local bodyshops as some may sell you a little. if not a proper car paint store, mine is over 25miles away but well worth a visit.

Or as you're considering GTechniq products, why not order their panel wipe?

Well I've just ordered the glass sealant kit, so rather than ordering a common item off the net, I would rather just to in a shop and buy it.....if you can.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No you need to polish the windscreen first mate, then G2, then G1 x3 then G2 again to remove. It's been about 6 months since I used it! :eek:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
got me self some smelly's today, car airfreshner doesnt last long tbh :(

so 2 for 1 at wilko's for the following :approve: going to put a few drops on somewhere in the car...

7583557840_0efcb84c9a.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
No you need to polish the windscreen first mate, then G2, then G1 x3 then G2 again to remove. It's been about 6 months since I used it! :eek:

I'd also recommend claying the glass before application as this will help with bonding and wiper judder after application