ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
lol, I'm not too sure why that's relevant...

I'm using it correctly, I just don't think it adds that much to the finish.

That's my opinion, take it how you wish. ;)

You're using it wrong or you're using it for the wrong purpose.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Just placed a order with waxamomo

Auto Finesse Mercury Metal Polish
Auto Finesse Total Interior Cleaner
Auto Finesse Finale Quick Detailer
Auto Finesse Hide Leather Cleaner
Wolf's Chemicals Liquid Carnauba Wax
Smartone
Smartsealant
Pinnacle XMT 360

£48.92:D

lol, I'm not too sure why that's relevant...

I'm using it correctly, I just don't think it adds that much to the finish.

That's my opinion, take it how you wish. ;)

It may well be relevant to you but if I was paying someone to do my car, I would expect them to know how use a wide range of products.

Just my opinion ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just placed a order with waxamomo

Auto Finesse Mercury Metal Polish
Auto Finesse Total Interior Cleaner
Auto Finesse Finale Quick Detailer
Auto Finesse Hide Leather Cleaner
Wolf's Chemicals Liquid Carnauba Wax
Smartone
Smartsealant
Pinnacle XMT 360

£48.92:D

Nice order mate and not that badly priced. :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Shinearama drying towel (amazing)
Bilt hamber auto-mitt (amazing again)
Generic spray bottle with chemical resistant spray head
2 x spray heads
and Aabout 4 shinearama air fresheners

The drying towel is only small, but my god is it good.

You're using it wrong or you're using it for the wrong purpose.

Like.

s**t, this isn't Facebook.

It may well be relevant to you but if I was paying someone to do my car, I would expect them to know how use a wide range of products.

Just my opinion ;)

I spoke to Phil at Shinearama about it, asked him his thoughts and he said he "wouldn't use it again because it didn't do anything". Is he wrong as well?

We agreed it is probably best used in conjunction with the Zaino system (obviously), but as a standalone product I stand by my opinion.

I have tried some of the best in most aspects of detailing and I have found products that I can get excellent results from, I am constantly trying new things (at an unaffordable cost!), but the results are all that matters.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Phil is wrong. You can tell him that from me if you so wish.

You've been detailing for 3 weeks yet state things like they're fact.

Detailing is a rather funny game these days.

I spoke to Phil at Shinearama about it, asked him his thoughts and he said he "wouldn't use it again because it didn't do anything". Is he wrong as well?

Phil's opinion may well be that it doesn't add anything and that's fine but you said about smearing. Now I'm sure if you asked him if he smeared it when he applied it I'm sure the answer would be different.

If you had just said IMO it doesn't work as I expected fine but you said you smeared it. Which to me indicates user error, big difference.

When I had my RB I only used it once before I got rid and it was fine brought back the nice just waxed look and it works just as well on my Red Astra and Mondial Cup. Even more so on the Cup looks brilliant, I'm nearly empty also I'm going to try Z8 this time round.

We agreed it is probably best used in conjunction with the Zaino system (obviously), but as a standalone product I stand by my opinion.

I have tried some of the best in most aspects of detailing and I have found products that I can get excellent results from, I am constantly trying new things (at an unaffordable cost!), but the results are all that matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The first time I used Z8 also encountered some smearing. perhaps it was only visible under high intensity light?

Anyway, I use it with a 2 MF method now and it's lovely.

I'm gonna have a crack at C1 tonight, I'm torn whether to apply it like Rob@gt does in his video or as per the demo today (apply, 20min cure, buff).

Thoughts?

FLOL at detailing for 3 weeks and posting videos to get CS points!

Ok so let's say when I had smeared it - maybe down to the MF or over applying (I followed instructions!) that would ensure even coverage if it was all buffed off, so the final results should be the same, and I've said what I think of it.

Agreeing to disagree is probably for the best.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

I lol hard when he came on the screen, you cruel b@stard

I've not heard of leaving C1 for 20minutes before buffing, guess a lot of it comes down to the environment and humidity and temperature. Did they give any reasons etc why it's best to leave it, I'm quite interested in that. When I used it on my rear bumper I applied to the whole bumper, left a minute or two as I out it away and grabbed a MF and buffed it off immediately

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The first time I used Z8 also encountered some smearing. perhaps it was only visible under high intensity light?

Anyway, I use it with a 2 MF method now and it's lovely.

I'm gonna have a crack at C1 tonight, I'm torn whether to apply it like Rob@gt does in his video or as per the demo today (apply, 20min cure, buff).

Thoughts?

If it's C1+ then yeah mate.

Conditions are highly dependent. People tend to forget this.

Colder = longer cure obviously and Hot is vice versa.

It's better to remove to early than leave too long! You don't want to be compounding it off.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Guys i'm not sure if Aucky has new C1+.

Leaving old C1 for 20 minutes... Well grab the sand paper!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Not really, but it worked. We did a test panel with 20mins, 40mins, 60+mins.
Once the initial adhesion has occurred the residue seems quite happy to sit there for 20 mins.

I did a hybrid between the two; apply, spreading mf wipe à la Rob, second removal wipe after 10 mins.
The residue still came off very easily. Good tip is to quickly take the car outside in the evening light to check you haven't missed any. I missed a couple of spots which were invisible under 3 different light sources until I went outside.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Does it really set that hard? Sounds like tricky stuff. I assume that's why it lasts so long?!

The new one is more user friendly. The old one was sold under "professional use only".

The old one was better but cost a lot lot more to make, ship etc.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Think of it as an additional, harder more scratch resistant clear coat in one sense. So you don't want to get it wrong as you'll be taking a machine polisher to it to remove it

It makes a lot of sense to polish the car as well as you can before applying as well, otherwise you will be sealing swirls and scratches in for years!

That's why I haven't put it on mine yet, because I haven't got to a point where I'm happy enough to seal it up.

Well I machine polished mine only last week, but I did wax it after.

I assume you would want that gone before applying the C1+? How would you get rid of products on the car at the moment?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's needs to be super clean before applying,, anything on the paint it will not bond correctly. If you've already corrected then the usual decontamination of tar and iron remover, claying. Then the most important part is a wipe down with IPA or panel wipe

Picked up a few bits at Shinearama today, should be set for a few months, I think..

396128_260029060778737_1691952771_n.jpg

Used a few things already tonight, the Stjarngloss is an interesting one, water it down, spray on and buff off. Mental beading apparently, worth a try at a fiver!

Stripper scent smells pretty epic as well.