ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
das-6
lake country CSS pads (orange, white, black)
megs ultimate compound
dodo lube and yellow clay
AF tripple

Wish me luck!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
How often would you bring Z8 into the mix? once a month? And would you polish beforehand, or just wash, dry, Z8!?

Wash, dry, then use z8 on a mf pad, spread it panel by panel, leave it on for a minute or so then buff off.

Once a month should be fine, can't see it
Layton much longer. Personally I don't see they hype with it.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Of sorts. I need a decent polish though, really not a fan of SRP by machine.

Not a 320d
Just ordered Z6 from the Jew so hopefully itll be here within a week or two.

Was gunna have gallys but couldnt make my mind up. Will be ideal when ive just washed the car and it spits or rains a little after - as it often does (did today). So ill be able to spray it over and wipe it clean.

it doesnt add anything does it, nuba or sealant? ive not used it for years!

F56 MINI Cooper S
Do you think I need both Z6 and Z8, or just one of them? Ive got an order form with both on, but is it worth buying both or put my money on something different?

Not a 320d
Two totally different things in some ways mate!

Z8 if you want to top your protection up after every wash or two, z6 if you just want to aid drying or remove dust. No one likes dust.

I prefer to let the wax or sealant do the work rather than protecting it further.

Z8 is absolutely stunning though.

Yeah, so I may have just put a small order in ready for the winter prep.

Tripple, Oblitarate, Iron X and some other goodies...

I'm quite looking forwards to doing a detail by hand and then not touching the car again until next year ;).

M2 Comp
8006643980_e90ce799d5.jpg

IMG_0392[1] by tommo1991, on Flickr

Arrived today ready for the weekend - hope the weather picks up a bit!

(sorry about iPhone pic!)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If i'm honest they are cheap but probably in the long run not actually better. They have reliability issues for some reason.

I liked the brinkman I had but the bloody charger etc had issues sadly.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They are good and cheap, that's the annoying thing, if it breaks mate just get your cash back. :)

M2 Comp
I got it through eBay at £20, or thereabouts. It was from somebody with a spare (still in blister packaging). Obviously if it does break then I have no warranty as such, so going off what has been said about their reliability it might be worth paying a bit more to get some kind of guarantee.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Never rated Brinkman, had one, chucked it in the bin many moons ago. Homemade sun gun is FAR superior. ive got a homemade and a real 3m gun and couldnt do without them.I noticed someone was selling home made ones on the bay!
Other alternatives you may want to look into are Metal Halide spotlights. E
Either traditional metal halides like this http://www.scldirect.co.uk/metal-halide-floodlights/metal-halide-floodlights-1.html
or projectors like this http://www.scldirect.co.uk/metal-halide-floodlights/metal-halide-display-lighting.html

For those that dont know, metal halides are basically HID's, high white output with lower power consumption over halogens.
Im currently experimenting with the projector ones as they are more of a directed beam as apposed to to just a random spread of light from the ones im using now.

Chris
DetailMe

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
The sun guns show up alot, about as best you can get. Generally sun gun/metal halides for swirls and Hallogens for holograms (buffer trails etc)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Werkstat acrylic arrived from galley today. What's the best way to apply it?
Microfibres pad or spray on and wipe around with a microfibre cloth?

F56 MINI Cooper S
What do we think of this...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_218945_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

Says polish for silver cars, guess it will be like SRP/Tripple?

and also this wax...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_844119_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

Reckon its any good/worth getting?

Going to get some Z8, but need some polish and wax aswell otherwise I will be spending loads on Z8 where I use it so quickly! I also need shampoo as i currently use fairy liquid.

Cheers - Jordi

Golf GT & A4 Avant
stick with the SRP or tripple rather than the that listed. never used the wax

the britemax bits are supposed to offer good protection, will be much easier to use and remove and leave a better finish than the 476, not sure if durability will be quite as long, but as said is so simple to apply and remove it will take minutes over 476.
i4detailing.co.uk are a trader on here and offer discount to members and stock the full britemax range. 7MAT had a thread up a few years back with his trophy using extreme elements sealant topped with the max shine.
http://i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Britemax_Products.html