ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Just thought it would be a good idea for people to post there recent buys, as they could come in handy for someone else.

Al start,

Bilt hamber clay £10.95 good size and can be used with just water. Av only read good reviews about it too.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Re: What have you ordered?

After many recommendations on DW, I've just ordered the Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic Kit. Free delivery too from Polished Bliss which saved me about £8 :)

Gonna get some BH clay n'all in the near future. Most people on DW recommend it. Have you gone for the soft or regular clay?

Laguna Estate

Just thought it would be a good idea for people to post there recent buys, as they could come in handy for someone else.

Al start,

Bilt hamber clay £10.95 good size and can be used with just water. Av only read good reviews about it too.

Great product, personally I add a capful of car wash shampoo to the water

Nothing for two months as I've been a good boy.

If you ask what have you won recently... well, that's a different story...

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

If you are a tried and tested user of clay. If you're a newbie and don't use enough lube, this happens;

View attachment 50653
Don't shoot the messenger ;)

I'm just saying that BH say that adding stuff like shampoo to the water could actually be detrimental as their clay is specifically designed to be used with just water as lube. I myself, would be tempted to add a bit of shampoo but maybe you've just got to trust the manufacturer as they know the product better than anyone.

Of course if it was any other clay, I'd definitely use lube :eek:

Ive also been a good boy for a few months... Have needed to save the pennies, although I feel a big order to i4d coming on soon :S

172 RS Ph1

I think that the BH clay is the same as Zaino clay, they are both designed to be used with plain water, and will fall apart when using any other lubricating product with them. I find BH leaving quite some marring though, so it's not my favourite.

I have a new item:
f547fc67.jpg

It's a Dodo Juice Supernatural wash SPONGE...
YES..a SPONGE! Made out of 'the softest foam' ... i'm very sceptical though, but want to use it prior to judging!

I think that the BH clay is the same as Zaino clay, they are both designed to be used with plain water, and will fall apart when using any other lubricating product with them. I find BH leaving quite some marring though, so it's not my favourite.

I have a new item:
f547fc67.jpg

It's a Dodo Juice Supernatural wash SPONGE...
YES..a SPONGE! Made out of 'the softest foam' ... i'm very sceptical though, but want to use it prior to judging!

I've read three reviews - one said it marred and the other two have said it didn't marr as much as a sponge, but showed signs of damage after 10 washes...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I'll leave the sponges for other people to use. To be fair swirls and marring is inevitable it's just the severity that matters.

I myself have had swirls ect... nothing LP wouldn't take out to be honest, everyone gets them.

The BH soft clay is awesome, was very impressed with it to be honest. I added a tiny spot of BTBM to aid lubrication.

f**k you and your soft paint, you you you... you softy!

f**king VAG paint **throws strop about how f**king hard it is**

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Pmsl! I heard the vag paint actually pissed in a bottle of LP because it was that soft.

just got my goodies off I4detailing:-

I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"
Valet PRO Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner 1L
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover
Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml
I4D Synthetic Wool Wash Mitt
Smartwax Smartwax

Cant wait to use it all,

Next on the list is some tyre gel, sealants and a I4D lime clay.

172 RS Ph1

I've read three reviews - one said it marred and the other two have said it didn't marr as much as a sponge, but showed signs of damage after 10 washes...

I don't need 10 washes... it already showed swirls and damage on my paint after one wash today :(

BMW E46 330i Touring

Odd that DJ would release a sponge without performing rigorous tests. They've tried to reinvent the wheel and failed by the looks of it.

This week I have mostly bought PB Black Hole and GTechniq P1, and some accessories including bargain aluminium water spray bottles.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26

I haven't bought anything since October! :(

Just spent £400 on a house survey, I had designs on that dosh for some detailing goodies! Soo need some wheel woolies too.

GTD, Lupo

I just put a small order in for when i get home as my car has been sat in the garage for the last 11 weeks :( Nothing special just some bit to top up some bits that were getting old.

Dodo Juice Supernatural Wash Mitt - The Yeti's Fist
1-inch Round Wheel Detail Brush
MINI EZ Detail Mini Brush
I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"
Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml
Meguiar's 'All Purpose Cleaner"
303 Protector
Dodo "Light fantastic" Wax
I4D Uber Lime Ultra Fine Detailing Clay

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I need some new Clay! FML!

soon to be 182 ;)

bought some:
clay
megs speed detailer
ag tyre dressing
Migliore Original Blend wax

Bumder With A Buffer

Lime Prime
3 extra towels
einszett gummi pflege
More pads
Tardis
Raceglaze Alcantara Cleaner (seems to work pretty well on my seats)

I really want a tub of BOS for some reason...I cant be arsed to spend that sorta money though!

White Sti Hatch

Arrived today

PD8 - Paint Thickness Gauge
CYC - Snowfoam Lance
Valet Pro - Orange Prewash

Bring on the good weather so i can get stuck in about the R26 !

Just bought the AutoGlym clay kit this afternoon, and after about four hours and my neighbours thinking I have OCD. My car now looks s**thot.

I've never used SRP before, only used Collinite 476s (n00b lols!) - I love it already, so, so easy to use and looks amazog. The colly is just going to be used on my (horrifically crap) wheels now.

Saying that, it is now dark - so I could wake up to a hazey, whirly mess tomorrow..

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172

There different products arnt they? SRP is a polish obv and 476 is a wax. Your meant to use both of them

Yeah, I did think that - but I'm sure I've seen it recommended here to be used instead of a wax.

It'll do for now anyway. Could to with another wax anyway tbh, Collinite smells of old men.

I r n00b.

BMW E46 330i Touring

SRP and then Collinite after if you have both mate. SRP won't offer any lasting protection whereas Collinite is very good for that and will also add a bit of extra gloss.

Bumder With A Buffer

£70 worth of orders today.....FFS im supposed to be saving not wasting!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26

Bugger it, medium blow out yesterday! ;)

Dodo Juice Glass Cleaner, Polish, Sealant kit
Dodo Juice Basics Clay Bars
Dodo Juice Supernatural Wheel Cleaner
Dodo Juice Mint Merkin Glass Cloth
Chemical Guy's Blacklight Hybrid 16oz
Chemical Guy's Vertua Bond 408
Chemical Guy's Hybrid V7 Spray Sealant 16oz
Silverline Wheel Cleaning Brush
The Waxamomo Luxury Microfibre Towel
Silverline Microfibre Wash Pad
Meguiar's No.105 Ultra-Cut Compound 8oz
Meguiar's No.205 Ultra Finishing Polish 8oz
Wolf's Chemicals WO-1N Tyre and Trim Dressing -1 litre
Dodo Juice Basics Polish Applicator x3
Dodo Juice Basics Wash Pad
Dodo Juice Basics Drying Towel

soon to be 182 ;)

ordered today:

bilberrys
tardis
jewellers rouge
dodo juice hard candy panel pot

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Saturday night/Sunday morning.... 2 bottles of champagne and some tiger... Elite car care... FML!

Haha.

Kev, I might need that C4 soon. Misses wants to do more writing at the weekend, so means I get a weekend off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Just about to order some BH clay. Still undecided whether to go with the soft or regular though :S

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Haha.

Kev, I might need that C4 soon. Misses wants to do more writing at the weekend, so means I get a weekend off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm waiting on the new bottle coming from Gteq! Was posted on Thursday 1st class. :)

Good stuff Kevings. They're quite good like that :)

Last edited:
  ph2 172

2 noodle bright orange noodle mitts from asda, 6 micro fibres from asda, 2 flash detailing brushes
AG intensive tar remover

next items on the list to get: I4D drying towel, grit guards !!!