ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this connector?

Clio 1.2 8v / DC2-R
On trying to find an annoying rattle I identified it as this random connector. Its not attached to anything and is just hanging loose down by the headlight adjuster panel.

The car is a 2000 1.2 8v Grande

2012-06-09150301.jpg

2012-06-09150311.jpg

Any ideas what it is for and should it be clipped somewhere even if its not used on this model? I notice on the back of the headlight adjuster there is another unused wire but its clipped in place, I cant find a home for this one.

Clio 1.2 8v / DC2-R
I have a look in mine at dinner mate if you like not quite sure meself?

If you could do mate that would be great, its just hanging loose so either should be plugged into something or is spare and should be clipped somewhere im sure.

Clio 1.2 8v / DC2-R
looks like a speaker ISO connector (can't see the colours clearly)

Think it could be for the stereo stalk controls? It has a non standard stereo fitted so I've no way of testing if the stalk works so wouldn't know if its connected or not

I have the exact same connector hanging there too mate ;) Dont worry about it,

Its not your Stalk control though my original tape player used to work with my stalk controls and ive never noticed that wire so god knows :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Could be for the headlight adjusters or for the dial light adjusters fitted on higher models?

Clio 1.2 8v / DC2-R
Cheers for having a look chapster!

Hmm, thats confusing then. As said above maybe it is for the rheostat for diming the dash bulbs, might have a look down the scrappies to see if i can find one!