ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is your next car & why?

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Probably a Ford Falcon,

Ford_Falcon.jpg

Or a Holden,

i.holden.commodore.VYII.ss.jpg

As for why, well I plan to be living in Oz this time next year.

new fabia vrs or some sort of tdi vag with plenty of toys :D reason why not ;)

unless renault do something nice with the clio

Last edited:
  Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
Some from of big engined BMW next, RWD, plenty of power, great chassis and yet able to waft you around with jarring your fillings out. Only specific is that its going to be old enough to avoid the rip off RFL

was toying with the idea of a v6 clio or a 225 megane, dnt think i could afford to get an R26 (would love one :dapprove: )

ValverInBits
good thread btw mate

RX7 - rear wheel drive and turbo ftfw
or if my valver doesent sell, cosidering a VAG 20v turbo into it

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
good thread btw mate

RX7 - rear wheel drive and turbo ftfw
or if my valver doesent sell, cosidering a VAG 20v turbo into it

Chars buddy,

RX7 thats a nice car, espesh rare in turbo form, tell me this, is it the wankel engine thats in that>? As im led to believe the RX8's have exceptionaly high compression, does that include the RX7 Turbo?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Once I've finished adding mods to the Clio (hopefully this summer). I'll be looking at buying a Westfield SEiW circa 190-220bhp developed from a Vauxhall XE.

Lucky enough to able to run both cars.:)

Sub 4 second 0-60 is certainly gonna thrilling.:D :D

Renaultsport Clio 197
r26 or meg sport dci for two(ish) years ( DCI-fast and good mpg) and hopefully the new gt-r (cheap supercar)

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
My next car is going to be something really bland and practical...Passat estate, Golf TDi etc

Clio 197
Thinks its going to have to be a Mondeo St220, they look so smart and go well for a big car. Maybe look at the diesel version as well due to mileage going to be huuge next year.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Integra Type R for me.

Reason, nothing better?

Can't decide between DC2 and DC5 though.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
TVR T350, because its a damn sight faster than the 182, and would leave it for dead in the twisties.

Good job is I'll be keeping the Clio. :D

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Something small, french, a laugh, and much, much cheaper to run. Peugeot 206 GTi HDi. I'm picking it up next week some time.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
But you could argue that without the DC2, there'd be no Clio cup...
Very similar ideas (lighter than the standard car, track focused handling, etc...), just they got a handmade engine and an LSD... Swines.

Shed.
Well it wont be a f**king clio.

Might look at somehitng like the Twingo renaultsport, tempted with minis too.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Hmmm... Twingo renaultsport, which is a PH2 clio with a different body on. May be shooting yourself in the foot there a bit mate.

106 GTi
Not to sure.

Looking for a 306 Rallye or 106 GTi/Rallye to track and getting shot of the 182 as soon as I find one.

Not sure what to replace the 182 with idea was a R/Sport Megane DCi 175 as a daily drive but there is none out there second hand.

That would be the sensibe choice but would rather the money go towards an Elise/Exige or get a DC5 or DC2.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
^^^ Didn't toyota do an MPV with GT-Four running gear? That'd put the sh*ts up a Zafira GSi. 300bhp potential and 4wd. Should do the trick!

Peugeot 308
mmm depends on what way im going in life.

I cant really be arsed to have a car that costs silly money to run anymore.

FQ360 has always been a love of mine...just dont think funds would allow if im going to settle down

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
DC5 looks awesome, but DC2 is the real deal. Just hope you're not a fan of torque...
my mate's got a dc2 he couldnt keep up with me. not a fan to be honest all bark and no bite. i think there over-rated and over-priced personally

Well he either cant drive it or doesnt realise that unless the engine is kept above 5000rpm then no wonder, a Dc2 or a 5 would eat a 197 never mind a 172.

You say over priced? I say competitivley marketed. Your buying the most reliable car on the road for christ sake, but then this is all in my opinion!:eek:

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Either a gti-r, ph1 172, or like thejesus suggested, Nissan Pulsar vzr n1. 197bhp from a 1600 with a 9k rev limit. Or, if the budget really allows, and the Missus will put up with coilovers again:

ae86_04.jpg

ae86engine.jpg