ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Next Hmmm (56k?RaFl?)

RS Meg 175
Yo people,
Im after a bit of advice on what to do next to my car, as next week ive got some money coming in and i wont to put it into my wee 1.2 :approve:

I think im going to be able to have about £700 to play with i have a few ideas i just want some opinions/advice. im after a subtle,sporty look lol (Like usual :D)

I have a few ideas floating around like:....
Colourcoding
Lowering (Coilovers, springs, kits / 35mm, 40mm, 60mm argh!)
Changing wheels to black
Getting Black/Tinted Side Repeaters
MK2PH2 Rear Lights
MK2PH2 172 Rear Bumper :rasp:
Custom SS Cat Back
Sports Cat
172 Interior

and more i think lol i cant decide what you guys think? heres a few current pics (btw lexus lights came with the car as did the 16v badge *I despise them lol :dead: they are going when i get some lights this weekend :))

33forumsize2si.jpg

Tad Dirty Granted lol
32forumsize1el.jpg

I Once Got Through The Border With A Small East Asian Family Under That Wheel Arch ;)
34forumsize2nv.jpg

*Refrains From Heaving*

AnyWho Let Loose People I Need Inspiration :D
Thanks In Advance

Depends on your budget?

If you can afford to spend s**t loads then get the best of everything - coilovers etc..

if however your working to a budget then get things which will do the job adequately, or just save up loads LoL

98 106 GTi
Looks sweet mate, deffinately a good idea to scrap the lights and 16v badge. As you say, lowering kit, cat back etc is a good starting point. Dark smoke window tints would look awesome. :cool:

RS Meg 175
Would i be able to get coding and coilys for 700? i heard proper fitting was velly expensive lol i also like the idea of the 172 rear bumper and skirts lol :S hmm

Chocolate Bar™
dont go for 172 bumper and skirts, just get colour coding it'd look just as good. coilys 425 from www.2modified.com, colour coding about 200 quid, fitting about 75 quid, then you'll need to get it tracked which is prob gonna cost another 75 quid, so a bit over maybe lol

RS Meg 175
Yh i knew coily fitting was big moneys :( grr lol feck, the best colour coding quote i have so far is £300! where u get it done for £200?

Chocolate Bar™
depends on where you go and where you live. I'm up north so i've had quotes ranging from 150 upwards. However i always ask the question, how many coats fo paint do you use, if they give u a specific number they're s**t ;)

RS Meg 175
Giles ill have your interior ;) lol i might get some coilovers off doddy then colour code and get some skirts hhmmm :S Giles is theyre any 172's in the breakers near you?

RS Meg 175
how much would it cost to colour code and then paint skirts and back bumper, then fit the skirts and new back bumper?

Clio 197
Matta_88 said:
Giles ill have your interior ;) lol i might get some coilovers off doddy then colour code and get some skirts hhmmm :S Giles is theyre any 172's in the breakers near you?

Everyone after my interior! ;) lol

Sorry, I don't think any 172's there.:)

RS Meg 175
Darn lol o well the search goes on ;) lol
back to my other question :)
"how much would it cost to colour code and then paint skirts and back bumper, then fit the skirts and new back bumper?"

Clio 197
Matta_88 said:
Darn lol o well the search goes on ;) lol
back to my other question :)
"how much would it cost to colour code and then paint skirts and back bumper, then fit the skirts and new back bumper?"

You ask alot of question!! ;) lol

Blue4Ever said:
^There wasn't when I rang again at the weekend.

Yes there no 172's now:)

Clio 197
You got good eyes! ;)

Yes I have photoshop to make it more lower:), I wish it looks like that.:dapprove: lol

RS Meg 175
What you peeps think then?
60mm Apex Springs And Dampners
ColourCoding
Skirts
Then SS cat back a bit later on
with induction/panel
and sport cat :p

defo lower it..............do the smaller changes which make gr8 results . mk2 lights , easy to do and looks well in mk1 , :cool:

RS Meg 175
How much would you say it will cost me to have rear bumper and skirts painted and fitted, and front bumper, bumpstrips and handles colour coded? :S