ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Part?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Altenator belt started squealing, only changed it the other day so thought it just needs to be a bit tighter. Had a look and noticed the nut that is ment to tension the belt was missing (10mm iirc). Didn't think it was to much of a problem until I realised the bolt it is ment to be on was also missing.

I found the bolt. I think it is ment to be fixed to the clamp part (the 13mm nut tightens the clamp) but it has snapped off. Its a pretty easy fix I think, belt off, alt out, replace the part and refit. Problem is I have no idea what the part I need is? Any ideas what its called or a part number so I can order one?

THE CAR IS 172 CUP, think it makes a diffrence!

Cheers,
Will

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Bumping here but I need this part now too. Anyone know where I can get one?

Same problem as OP, 10mm came off the threaded bar/tensioner, 13mm came lose and fell out so put new nuts/bolts in but the threaded bar part has snapped now so no tension on the belt and need to get to work tomorrow which is a 4.5 hour drive! :l

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Number 1 is the 13mm. The part of the altenator that the 13mm goes into has broken so instead of being an O shape it's now a C so the 13mm keeps sliding out of the hole causing the tensioner to come lose.

Can anyone tell me where I can get replacement parts or if there's anything else I can do as a bodge at the moment to get some tension into the belt?

Cheers.

Attachments

• 2015-11-01 17.48.24.jpg
    2015-11-01 17.48.24.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 31