ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What products do people want to start seeing? (clio related)

ph1 track weapon
Hi all,

As some will know i'm currently out of work. Rather than go down the route of finding a job i'll hate doing something i really wont enjoy, i've decided to do something a little different

So, my basic question is..............what sort of products or services do clio owners want to see that aren't already available?

Stagecoach Ticket
Decent Priced Full and Half Roll Cages

Plastic Cold Air Feed Rings for Fog light Holes in different Colours and Styles (Very Expensive for what they are from tweeks etc)

James

DMS

A thirsty 172
A tubular manifold that comes around the back of the engine to where the battery and ECU normally sit, in order to allow a much bigger turbo to be fitted than K-Tec's current offering.
Oh, and a downpipe and other pipework to suit.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Hi all,

As some will know i'm currently out of work. Rather than go down the route of finding a job i'll hate doing something i really wont enjoy, i've decided to do something a little different

So, my basic question is..............what sort of products or services do clio owners want to see that aren't already available?

Ed? Are you actually Matt Wills/Stealthsport, but in a tall persons disguise, with more hair ;)

I'd like a bolt in, half roll cage at roughly £300 (like the 106/saxos), cheaper Fog light air ducts & Speedline 2110's at a fair price ... oh & Koni rear adjustables, higher lb springs, etc for less than Mark Fish charges - i think Matt/you/Stealthsport and already working on that though ...

ph1 track weapon
Jimbo - thats been at the top of my list of ideas :) will get on something straight away

dave - i'm offended. I'm much better looking than Matt!

All ideas are being taken on board, with a view to releasing stuff in a month or so's time :)

Evo 5 RS
Products fit for purpose is always a good place to start. As as been said reasonably priced full cages would be spot on too.

Stagecoach Ticket
Could proberly do it abit cheaper tbh i think the reason Ktecs etc are so expensive is because they spent the time and effort in getting them right and 100%

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ed? Are you actually Matt Wills/Stealthsport, but in a tall persons disguise, with more hair ;)

I'd like a bolt in, half roll cage at roughly £300 (like the 106/saxos), cheaper Fog light air ducts & Speedline 2110's at a fair price ... oh & Koni rear adjustables, higher lb springs, etc for less than Mark Fish charges - i think Matt/you/Stealthsport and already working on that though ...

I'll second Dave on this.....i hope Matt is paying you top 'be my friend' money Ed. ;)

I'll also agree that i'd like to see affordable enlarged front fog air ducts.

ph1 track weapon
This isnt anything to do with Matt guys. If i choose to get him involved from a promotion point of view then i will, but otherwise, its all down to me

fog light duct idea does sound like a goodun. Carbon fibre or fibreglass/plastic?

Stagecoach Ticket
fibreglass plastic in Black, grey, white, orange, yellow, green, silver, modial blue would be ur best bets cheaper than carbon caters for most needs and as dave said most would be going on fairly track based cars so carbon fibre is nt needed

ph1 track weapon
ok cool. woulldnt be a point in doing coloured FG, as people can just paint it up their chosen colour. would come in black as standard i'd assume.

having briefly disucssed rear cages, weld-in would be the option availabe, purely due to bolt-in not being particularly safe

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
having briefly disucssed rear cages, weld-in would be the option availabe, purely due to bolt-in not being particularly safe

Who told you that lol.

MSV/Sparco/Caged/Mark Fish/OMP/Geronimo - all do bolt in ones. And a weld-in one is only as good as the welder.

The point is, people want a decent priced half bolt in, anyone can do a weld in one, & charge a fortune for it. The reason why JMS are doing so well is that all the stuff is reversible, ie the inlet, you need to focus on doing the same, imho ...

ph1 track weapon
i'll look into the bolt-in option, see what i can come up with

what about interior stuff? anything in particular people are after?

DMS

A thirsty 172
There aren't many options for lightened bonnets available at the moment, especially for the Ph2's.
The only ones I've seen are carbon fibre ones which generally cost an arm and a leg. Perhaps a cheaper carbon fibre option, or a fibreglass or aluminium alternative would be good for those looking to save a little bit of weight.

Heated windscreens would be handy too for those winter months.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lower subframes for the standard seats giving you a proper driving possition, theirs been talk of it for years and nothings ever came of it. the 1 problem with these cars is the driving possition the market is MASSIVE

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
lower subframes for the standard seats giving you a proper driving possition, theirs been talk of it for years and nothings ever came of it. the 1 problem with these cars is the driving possition the market is MASSIVE

101% agreed

clio 182
pm me, im sure i could manage!

i think in general with any business you need to offer the same or better service as others but more cost effective. very rarely in this market will you get people who do not consider the costs when purchasing, if you can keep overheads low you should be able to beat k tec etc for pricing then your laughing!

Stagecoach Ticket
flat blanking panels for stripped cars i will try find the link for you carbon ones have been done at like £250 decent cheap fibreglass black ones would be perfect just need slots for windows, handle, and possiable door card/storage?

ph1 track weapon
i know for a fact that theres little hope of getting CF doorcards any cheaper than that GB price as i'm getting myself a set made and they're likely to pretty much the same amount,

will see what i can do in FG

Stagecoach Ticket
Yeah thats what i mean FG is Alot cheaper than CF there really no need for CF its not that much lighter than FG. But would FG mark, chip and shatter more than CF?

ph1 track weapon
In theory yeah i'd think it'd have more likelihood of cracking/shattering. scratching etc would be dependant on the quality of topcoat and paint/lacquer i'd assume.

FG trial panels should be pretty inexpensive so i'll get a set made, and attack them with a hammer/foot lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A harness bar. Its a simple product!

I had one being made but unfortunately the guy is now terminally ill.

0201tur_05zoom+Subaru_WRX+Interior_Rear_Seats.jpg