ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what psi in front tyres?

Fiesta ST3
had the car a couple of weeks now and just got round to checking out the tyre pressures who ever had it before was running 46 psi in the fronts and 30 in the rears!!
now there back to the renault figures of 33 front 30 rear.
why would he run the fronts so high?
and what psi are you guys running? and is it really important for handling to keep them as close to the spec as possible?

Monaco Blue 172
my renault book gives me the pressures in bar :rolleyes:

apparently yes the handling can vary drastically if ur pressures are out!!

I'm fairly sure the actual stock pressures are 32/30.

I run 34/32 as I find it gives a superb level of feedback. I've also found that the Cup chassis is very sensitive, and the car feels different if the pressures drop 1 or 2 psi. Also I dont like the rim being 3mm from the tarmac during extreme cornering.

Ziel Nurburgring
Were they hot or cold readings? If you'd been out driving then took them, they would be higher.

DC5
Mine seems to handle horribly when they are too high. Even if it is by a couple of psi. Currently got them at the recommended 33f 30r

stick to 28 in the back boys.

best for feel and you can see the whole tyres is used when wet opposed to the 2 inch band at 32psi!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Borrowed my Grans fiesta recently and thought something was wrong with it, driven it before and tbh it handles well for standard car with thin steelies on it! But this time the back was all over the shop and in the wet it was like driving a rear wheel drive car! So decided to check the tyres, fronts were 32psi, backs were..............74psi!! I s**t ye not!!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I use Fronts = 36psi and rears = 32psi, as i've started driving abit more motorway miles recently.