ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT S HAPPENING

Hi, I just fitted a 5 channel amp in my 172 a couple weeks ago and things are starting to go wrong... first the remote for the head unit died, I measured it from the back of the unit and there was no current comming from the unit, so I hooked it up to another wire and now it works, but the HU turns off after about 20 mins of driving, checked in the manual its a "Logic on/off" feature so you can turn the power on without the keys.. anyway, for some reason the HU loss its "Logic" and thinks the car isnt running. Today the Clock display and Temp indicator decides to disapear and only comes on when I trun on the ICE... when I switch it off, the clock and temp also truns off. Whats Happening???? Should I just get a new Head instead?

i think the clock problem is a comon problem with all late clios unless you use a sony or alpine connector cable that allows you to use the standard remote! when you say you hocked the remote cable up to another wire what kind of wire did you mean? i think a good place to take a remote from in the clio would probably be the cigar lighter as i wouldnt imagine this would draw much ampage when not in use! just dont try to use it otherwise the amps sore up to 4or 5 amps and im not sure what that would do to the amp!

Nissan R35 GT-R

Check all your fuses mate - Ill bet its the fuse with the picture of the Head Unit that has blown. This happened to me in my old Clio and stopped the remote wire from sending a voltage.

The fuse you are interested in is on the end of the dash (near side) so you just open the passenger door.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

sound like you hu is bust

get a new hu

its got nothing to do with the car

all this stuff about clock problems is a myth (hes not talking about the remote control, hes talking about is remote amp turn on wire!!!)

i

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

dont get jvc units!!! they clipp!!!

another problem with JVC units is the volume is very low compared to similar models from other manufacturers and the sound quality is complete s**t

if thats the case, maybe a sony unit would be best

lots of flashy lights and awful performance - looks good, sounds pants

too late, got the JVC and putting it in on the weekend.. I was thinking Nak but they only have 2 RCA channel outs, I need 6. Dont like sony or Kenwood, Alpine or pioneer cost too much compared to what I paid for the JVC.

Oh, and it was the fuse, cheers Frosty, everything is working perfectly now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

bloody hell 6 outputs?

what are you doing instal wise im interested in this kinda thing

6 RCA outs!!!

you sure you dont mean 3 RCA outs (6 connectors), 6 RCAs would be one hell of an install

come on, let us in on this monster install

3 pairs, 1 for the fronts, 1 for the rears and 1 for the Sub. I customed made a rear floor panel with the Soundstream 5 channel amp, Cap and fuse box built in, and made a sub box for my 10" JL, got really high from the glue when I was carpeting the pieces, anyway, replaced all the wiring with PGold RCA, power and speaker cables.. now the new Head unit and will get the speakers when I go to the US next month, maybe even another amp! By the way, what speakers is everyone using?