ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What shall I do to the Kangoo?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Hi All, yet another thread...

Ive been looking at all sorts of clios lately and Im still undecided whether to buy one thats had all the mods done as I wouldnt know where to start or start doing bits to improve the van?

Here is the van specs as per the ebay listing, what would you do next?

Phase 1 Clio F4R 2.0L 16v engine, Rebuilt and setup by Mick at Diamond motors with new Genuine Renault VVT dephaser, cambelt kit, water pump, all seals and all solvent cleaned.
NGK Iridium plugs.
Magnacore 9mm Competition leads.
Ceramic heat wrapped alloy filter relocation with RamAir filter.
Very good Phase 1 172 gearbox.
Phase 1 172 Subframe.
Phase 1 172 Steering Rack (quicker from lock to lock).
Phase 1 172 lower arms.
Phase 1 172 Hubs
Phase 1 172 280mm discs, callipers, pads and hoses.
Phase 1 172 drive shafts.
172 manifold with larger phase 1 cats with single lambda.
Phase 1 RS Tuner mapped 172 ECU, UCH and key decoder.
K-tec / Tiger 2.5" Stainless steel side exit exhaust (exits under side loading door)
Polybushed Phase 1 172 dog bone rear mount.
FK Fully adjustable coilovers on the front, dampening and height.
Torsion bar adjusted on the rear with shorter Mk1 Megane F7R Shocks. (Around 100mm drop all round)
Custom wiring loom.
Phase 1 172 dash clocks conversion including trip, MPG etc all working.
Battery relocated to the rear in a battery box on the near side.
Adjustable camber up front.
Phase 2 Clio Dynamique 15" alloy wheels with 4 brand new Marangoni Zeta Linea tyres (195/50/15).

What does this mean?? Phase 1 RS Tuner mapped 172 ECU, UCH and key decoder?
​Thanks in Advance :lolup:

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
RS2 it job done!

Or buy a ph1 v6 or a trophy and leave the van how it is! The van can't be made that much better.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
RS2 it job done!

Or buy a ph1 v6 or a trophy and leave the van how it is! The van can't be made that much better.

Cheers Ash, guy who built it was an Ash too.. He did do a good job I agree... There is so many Trophy's I can't decide whether to get a cheap high mileage one just to rip round in or a minter? If mint it will no doubt suffer with me at the helm... When we going out in the V6?

GSXR + KDX220
What's involved in doing a f4r engine into one of these? is it pretty much bolting on parts from a Clio or can you keep original subframe etc? looks fun :)

What do you want to do with it? If its trackdays I would have thought getting rid and getting a clio instead made more sense TBHCool van though :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Take the 2.0 16v Badges off wings and just go round pissing off other drivers in a GREAT sleeper :approve:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Ply line it.

I was thinking carpets and ICE, I had my work car/van off the road, so decided to use the van but because its already low the additional weight of tools and parts was unwelcome.. Think it need to be higher for carrying anything but I can't bring myself to change it in case I mess the handling up.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Ive considered ITB's and Turbo but need a low maintenance option RS2 is a possibility but might leave the engine as is and concentrate on handling and braking as my mate said it needs discs on the rear but to be fair it stops and corners great..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
take the 2.0 out and drop a T5 lolvo lump in, crank the booost up and enjoy ripping past ' fast ' cars

Sounds great but I don't know one end of a spanner from the other. If I wanted faster Id probably sell the van and buy one already done, this drives fantastic though so Id be reluctant to part with it..

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
What does this mean?? Phase 1 RS Tuner mapped 172 ECU, UCH and key decoder?
​Thanks in Advance :lolup:

it means you have a 172 ECU, UCH and key decorder. the RS Tuner bit means the ECU has been mapped using fastchip.nl's RSTuner device. If it doesn't 'pop and bang', then its probably got the performance 98RON map, which helps boost low end performance a bit.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
it means you have a 172 ECU, UCH and key decorder. the RS Tuner bit means the ECU has been mapped using fastchip.nl's RSTuner device. If it doesn't 'pop and bang', then its probably got the performance 98RON map, which helps boost low end performance a bit.

Thanks, Ive not heard any pops or bangs yet.. Does 98RON mean I should use Shell V Max or higher octane fuel? So remapping won't help my cause? I have been using V Max fuel..

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
any 97 to 99 ron fuel will be fine :) F4R engines do not stand to gain very much at all from a remap only. As others have said, a RS2+197 cams +remap would put you near 190/200bhp.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
any 97 to 99 ron fuel will be fine :) F4R engines do not stand to gain very much at all from a remap only. As others have said, a RS2+197 cams +remap would put you near 190/200bhp.

What about brakes and suspension? I didnt even realise discs on rear where an option?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
tbh its a van, so I wouldn't be doing anything to it :) I would want good capacity + high mpg for a van, not an F4R.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
In that case it's plain as day for me. Turbocharge the Kangoo and turn it into a super-sleeper, then use the Trophy as the weapon it was made to be - on fast-road and track!