ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what size spacers on trophy for best handling/looks combination?

le 205 GTI le trophy
changing to sportline springs and putting camber bolts/shims on the Trophy has resulted in the arch gap resembling tulisa's *****. Which spacers are best for sorting out the gaping hole between wheel and arch without comprimising handling?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Clean up the studs with a wire brush and leave to soak with penetrating oil. The other end is a torx head and you need to careful not to mash it up

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
How did you find removing the hub to fit these spacers? I just have images of bolts rounding off etc

Haven't fitted them yet as I only ordered them from Dan on Sunday night.

I bought my fronts from Venom motorsport so these are coming from FK.

le 205 GTI le trophy
cheers for the replies, the trophy turini's have a different ET compared to the standard 172 cup turinis. therefore if i run 20mm hubcentrics at the front will I have trouble with the wheels rubbing on the arch? I am quite apprehensive about putting 20mm on the front and only 10mm on the back as surely this will make it tail happy by altering the track in this way?

le 205 GTI le trophy
had a look on the trophy forum and the only people spacing are running 15's - not much help to me!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I've just bought some 20mm FK bolt-to-hub hubcentrics for the front, and I'll be getting some 10mm hub spacers for the rear (no camber). If it does rub or I'm not happy with the change to the handling characteristics then I'll try something different or just take them off and move them on.

le 205 GTI le trophy
niiiiiiice let me know how you get on mate! you done anything else to your suspension? just fitted new rear sachs (would of got konis but didnt have a choice) whiteline arb, newly refurbed front dampers, camber bolts, rear beam bushes, top mounts and tires......if it doesnt stick to the tarmac like glue when its back on the road then im setting it on fire

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
cheers for the replies, the trophy turini's have a different ET compared to the standard 172 cup turinis. therefore if i run 20mm hubcentrics at the front will I have trouble with the wheels rubbing on the arch? I am quite apprehensive about putting 20mm on the front and only 10mm on the back as surely this will make it tail happy by altering the track in this way?

I think you are massively exagerating in your mind the effect the spacers will actually have.

le 205 GTI le trophy
not so much over exaggerating just going from past experiences, my mate put 10mm spacers on the back of his r5 gtt which resulted in a noticeable amount of understeer when pushing hard compared to when he was running standard track.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
not so much over exaggerating just going from past experiences, my mate put 10mm spacers on the back of his r5 gtt which resulted in a noticeable amount of understeer when pushing hard compared to when he was running standard track.

Ive run spacers on a hell of a lot of different cars on track, and Ive never found one that makes that sort of difference, must have been something very specific to his particular geo settings for it to matter so much on his car.
You wont find the same on a typical mk2 clio though I can promise you that.

In fact my turbo Ive fitted 30mm spacers to allow me to run big breaks on the front, and no spacers on the rear, and its not changed the balance to any great extent, certainly not to make it the oversteery mess you are implying it would be, and if it was you could easily just dial a tiny bit more toe in to cancel the effect im sure.

le 205 GTI le trophy
Yeah but I dont want to be spining to my death because I didnt research the modifications I plan to do before carrying them out! Im slightly confused as to why you wouldnt alter the track in equal amounts if the trophy set up is as good as everyone says it is on here. why does the back only need soacers half the width of the front?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah but I dont want to be spining to my death because I didnt research the modifications I plan to do before carrying them out! Im slightly confused as to why you wouldnt alter the track in equal amounts if the trophy set up is as good as everyone says it is on here. why does the back only need soacers half the width of the front?

Neither end needs any spacing at all handling wise TBH, they handle just fine as they are, people add spacers for cosmetic reasons mainly and the rear has less arch gap than the front.

I firmly believe if you put 10mm front and rear, then 20mm front and 10mm rear and drove the car both times you wouldnt actually feel the difference at all on a mk2 clio, it really isnt a car which seems to massively alter driving characteristics from moderate wheel spacing.

le 205 GTI le trophy
sorry for replying twice i was tripping balls and for got there was a 2nd page - couldnt work out why my replies werent coming up haha

cheers for the response mate I will give the 20mm fronts and 10mm rears a go then! last question on the matter, do you think the wheels are likely to rub with 20mm hubentrics on the front considering the trophy wheels have a slightly different offset than normal turinis?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Neither end needs any spacing at all handling wise TBH, they handle just fine as they are, people add spacers for cosmetic reasons mainly and the rear has less arch gap than the front.

I firmly believe if you put 10mm front and rear, then 20mm front and 10mm rear and drove the car both times you wouldnt actually feel the difference at all on a mk2 clio, it really isnt a car which seems to massively alter driving characteristics from moderate wheel spacing.

Agree 100%!

172 cup, Impreza P1
sorry for replying twice i was tripping balls and for got there was a 2nd page - couldnt work out why my replies werent coming up haha

cheers for the response mate I will give the 20mm fronts and 10mm rears a go then! last question on the matter, do you think the wheels are likely to rub with 20mm hubentrics on the front considering the trophy wheels have a slightly different offset than normal turinis?

Unless lowered, you should be fine.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Trophy Turinis sit narrower track than cup ones. By 6.5mm per side.
So 20mm on a trophy is same as 13.5 spacer on a cup.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I have my Trophy on AST's, 7x15 et43 2118's on 195/50/15 888's and then just a 5mm spacer all round.
looks and works perfectly for me :)

le 205 GTI le trophy
Oh, I was always under the impression the trophy had a wider track than the 172 cup. Do the wheels have a higher et in order to make room for the Sachs suspension under the arch?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I have my Trophy on AST's, 7x15 et43 2118's on 195/50/15 888's and then just a 5mm spacer all round.
looks and works perfectly for me :)

Sportline 2 Kelv? How are you for clearance on the adjuster collar? Mine sit really close :(

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Plenty of space to get the wheel straps through when securing the car on he trailer, but I agree it certainly is snug.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
You using the two piece adjusters or the one piece with the allen bolt? I've got the one piece and it sits real close with a 205 profile, 195 is fine in fairness.

Sure mine could do with the mount holes being about 5-10mm further out.