ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what sort of bhp

my will3 has 70k on it and has been chipped at prima racing,alsong with a de-cat sprint exhaust and an induction kit(comming soon)!!

im est at about 170?

Audi S3

depends seen some willys having 145bhp @the wheels as standard so best to get it RRd and find out for sure

Those sorts of mods will add few bhp - and Id say from experience that any figure equal to over 150bhp at the fly would be due to the conservative factory estimate for the F7R 2.0 unit. Ive yet to see a Willy that makes less than 140bhp at the wheels. Those sorts of mods you mention will probably make the car sound better and iron out flat spots.

The IK in particular will offer dubious power gains, but it will sound excellent. A very in-depth 1993 CCC article on the Williams and 16V (on the main site under "articles") claims that a de-cat and using 98ron fuel add about 5bhp each respectively.

Mine hit 166.8bhp with a chip, piperX, decat, Normal Unleaded and a blowing standard exhaust @ BBT. They quote from 6 to 15 for their exhaust so I will now be way over the 170 mark now I have it fitted. I also ONLY use optimax now.

You should piss on 165 bhp.

Bill.

Trophy

Bill,

Would you like to go up against a measly 170 bhp Red 16v?
How do you think you will fare?

Not trying to cause an argument but im very wary of expected gains!

Mat.

Yeah, even "proven" gains can be a can of poo too!

I bought my car with a crucial bit of paper in the service history which is a printout from the engine tuners that rebuilt the engine about 25,000 miles ago. It said that on an engine dyno, the engine made 171.3bhp with a direct at the fly measurement. That was damn good and I used to quote that figure all the time when I first bought the car.

But when I finally got the chance to strap the car to a rolling road, the power figure didnt add up. OK, so it was the first time the car had been used in three months and the exhaust was blowing like hell, but Id be lucky if the 128bhp the car made ATW equaled more than 155bhp at the fly. It was the best 16V on the day and I guess its near enough to make excuses, but theres no point. There were also a couple of much more lightly modified 16Vs in the ballpark of the power figure too (benJ - grrrr!).

Theres no doubt that the car has the mods, but either they dont add the power they claim or the engine has "lost" 15bhp since the last dyno (a dodgy one?). Either way, I take power gains with much more of a pinch of salt now.