ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do about this poo

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I knowing bought an absolute shonker of a clio this week.

Copart special. Used unrecorded. 122k miles. Non runner. Rear arches. Silver.

Currently worth nothing. Thought I would take a punt at £450 plus fees. It’s on my door step and they delivered it to my unit for £35 [emoji23]

Anyway the question is. What do I do with it.

1) The original plan. Break it and sell it for parts. It’s a really odd car. Mechanically. It’s not running. But it doesn’t look abused or messed with. Lots of original bits in good condition including the interior and stuff like the air filter. Ive yet to get it off the ground and look at the cat. So it could be a winner there.

2) Re-shell and build all the mechanicals into an RB shell I’ve got in the garage. I bought this shell off Dave Joyce a few years back when I crashed my own RB. I managed to repair my own shell so kept this as a spare.

I could make it a road car using all the bits from the silver one.

Or make it a track car or even something in between.

Thoughts guys. I need a consensus here.

Here are the cars.

Silver shonker

241e3a294473e3fbbcbe71cbcedf3fed.jpg

6a845a4af6f36d26e4c3ba626757377f.jpg

a2a49d3385845070345a5376c0b8d6f7.jpg

b98b619822f8f6dee24931421f0b11db.jpg

4fa77028d927df057b9eb718c8071928.jpg

RB shell.

f06d7c3b8b45824cde5a3ba3c8868564.jpg

I’ve got a unit with a 2 post ramp. So a good space to do this.

I don’t want to Chuck £000’s at it and end up with something less than I’ve spent.

I do think the RB adds a premium and is just sitting there never to be used. It’s just about getting the end product right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It’s rotten and needs a f**k load of work.

so you only really have two options;

spend a few grand on it and make it in to a car or break it.

I personally think it’s scrap.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
What do you need to get that RB shell back to a full car?

If I were you I'd spend the next year making everything mint and putting it on that RB

It’s completely stripped. Was a track car and has no windows except a windscreen.

That’s one reason making an RB track car might be an easier option. And still more appealing than a rusty silver one.

Sounds like save the RB. But what kind of end car.

Track car

Road car?

Something in between?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Rebuild the RB. It would be worth more as a road car but if you were after a track car anyway then you've got a perfect opportunity to build one now. There's still plenty of the silver shocker that you can sell on to pay for track car parts 👍.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Rebuild the RB. It would be worth more as a road car but if you were after a track car anyway then you've got a perfect opportunity to build one now. There's still plenty of the silver shocker that you can sell on to pay for track car parts [emoji106].

I’ve already got one “track focused” RB clio.

I think it would be easier but more costly to build another. But it’s more about if this RB shell is the right one to make a track car from. I’ll give it some thought.

As a road car. I would have almost all the bits I need and then some. I think the doors, wings and side skirts are the only bits I could sell if I was making a road car TBH.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
In that case ise you options as;

1) break the silver car. Be prepared for selling to mongs if you use Facebook or eBay.

2) build the bkue car and sell it for lots of profit. Plenty of people will let you take them dry so they can say they've paid the RB tax.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Rebuild the RB. Use as much as you can from the silver one to get it up, running and MOT'd then decide what you want to do with it. At the moment you've just got two non-functional cars, so try to get one working.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Those exhaust cutouts🤣

Oops took a bit much off the left one, I'll just even up the right. s**t! slipped a bit, bit more off the left. Bugger! Bit more off the right.