ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do to my car?

Renault Clio 2003
So, I have my Clio and I'm looking to do a few things to it to make it more "modified". The only thing is, it's my first car and I don't want to spend too much money on it as I want a new car anyway. However, I can't say I'm proud of my car. The only nice things about it are the new speakers I fitted which will come out when I sell the car and the plastic wheel trims.
I'm considering re-spraying the steel wheels purple because purple is the theme for my car. Because then I can just spray them black again when it comes to selling.
I also want to lower it a little but concerned about insurance costs.
Also thinking of modifying the exhaust which can again be changed back before selling depending on what I do with it.
Any advice, ideas or help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Clio.jpg

Nil presently.
In all honesty, it's a lovely little first car without tinkering.

If there's one regret I have from being 17, it's pumping thousands into a 1.2 Clio Dynamique without thought. My best advice is to keep banking the money for a future purchase.

Also, regarding modification (lowering in particular), insurance companies will be rubbing their hands with glee the second you slap those springs on - it'll give them the grounds to shaft you even further.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome.

I'd advise against modifying it due to your age and your desire to sell it soonish.

If you really must change anything, I'd get the plastic bump strips and spoiler (if it has one) colour coded to the car. It'll neaten it up a bit.

Set of sport wheels and decent tyres, fresh brakes and learn how to drive safely on the road, save up for a few years and buy something....better.

Cup In bits
Hi and welcome.

I'd advise against modifying it due to your age and your desire to sell it soonish.

If you really must change anything, I'd get the plastic bump strips and spoiler (if it has one) colour coded to the car. It'll neaten it up a bit.

I'd agree with this man.

Don't spend the earth but put some touches of your own on, surely you's posters can remember your first car, you just had to do something to it.

Painted side strips would improve it no end. A set of premium tyre's and original Renault wheels as another had said, insurance don't need to know about that, they were fitted from factory weren't they, who's going to say different?

Clio 182 - RB
Get the black bump strips sprayed the same colour as the car? Or do a DIY job.. Make a world of a difference.

And as above; Stubby aerial & clean plates. Oh also, some Renault wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PH2 172
Black plastics such as grills,scuttle panel,mirrors & wiper arms have probably faded.Freshen them up with some satin black paint.

Ph 1 172
If you have the money for the insurance lower it and get some sport wheels. Maybe the sport body kit as well and cup spoiler.

If not just mod the s**t out of the interior... get a sound system in there more powerful than the car. Change the interior for the rs clio one. Loads of things you can do depends whether you want to pay the insurance premium.