ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres ? Rainsports or T1R's ?

What tyres ? Rainsports, Sport Contacts or T1R's ?

Right i'm after new boots (tyres) for my 172, i am currently running Toyo T1R's and rate them quite well.

Now winter and the undoubtedly wet weather is upon us i was looking at Uniroyal Rainsports and Continental Sport Contacts.

Has anyone any ratings or experience on these or would i be best to stick to the T1R's ?

One of my mates suggested Falkens as there made by Good Year.
Any one any views on them ?

My 172 had Conti Sport Contacts on it when i got it but have seen heaps of them with different numbers after the name.
Is this revision numbers ?

Eg 1,2 and 3 and i'm guessing 3 being the latest version of them ?

Cheers

Last edited:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Not much Help but I ran Rainsports (In the Dry) on Track (They were on a set of wheels I got for Track days so thought Id Kill them)

Apparently I was a Hero for running them as they are not great (According to other Track Dayers) I however had a Great time killing them off.

Can you not Stretch to a set of PE2's, Kwikfit often have 25% off.

I saw PE2's, but was unsure on them in the wet/winter etc
And thought i could get something just as good for less

Static Low
Ive got Pirelli p7's. I swear.. my car doesnt go anywhere in the wet.. unless you overstep the limit that is. Im finding them very grippy in both wet & dry conditions. Look awesome slicked aswell.

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
ive had t1r's cant complain cheap and pretty hard wearing, current set must have lasted me well over a year!! (which i think is good no?)