ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT WAX IS MORE DURABLE ? AND WHAT SHAMPOO ?

I have been looking into trying a different wax on my car on top of the AG SRP and EGP i use.
I'm currently using P21's and top it up every few washes (washed using two bucket method and lambs wool mitt) :)
My question is what other wax could i try on my trusty wee clio ?
Its Iceburg Silver Metallic in colour by the way ;)

The waxes i have at moment are P21's and Poorboys Natty Blue, which i use on top of AG SRP and a few lairs of AG EGP.
I don't put both waxes on, the reason i have a tub of each is i tried Natty's and now use P21's.

I was wandering is there a wax thats more durable than P21's that i could use on top of my AG SRP and EGP ?

I have been looking at Poorboys prime and Poorboys Acrylic and Jetseal 109 (i think it is) and some Swiss Wax stuff (in black tub)

Are these any good ?

Or can anyone else suggest anything that would be better ?

Another thing is i'm using Chemical Guys Wash and Wax Shampoo at moment and its nearly finished :( .

And i fancy trying something else when it runs out :)

What do you's guys suggest ?

I have been looking at Duragloss Shampoo and Megs Hyper Wash.

What ones better ?

Or what do you guys suggest ?

I've tried Megs Gold Class too, but feel/think i can get a better shampoo for around same price. ;)

And would using any of these shampoos above or any you's guys suggest reduce the durability of my new wax ?

Your helps appreciated

Cheers Boys and Girls ;) ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Collinite 845 and 476 are both very durable and very easy to apply / remove . My choice is still the xxx hardcore past wax . If you wax at least once a month with any wax durablity shouldn't be an issue tbh . I tend to use a different wax each time and build up the layers . I like the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax as well seems to last quite a long time and as its a liquid you won't find anything easier to apply and remove .

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/pinnacle-liquid-souveran-p-77.html

Also try this . Wax it wet from turtle wax . Wash your car , leave it wet , spray it on and buff it off . This will bead water off your car for ages . Only £4.95 from tescos , £5.99 from halfrauds

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...logId=10151&productId=177511&categoryId=31511

Last edited:
I said in my original post i was looking at poorboys prime and acrylics when in fact it was jeffs acrylic and jeffs prime products.

They were from alocal car detailing place too :) :)

www.polishedbliss.co.uk

DOH ! ! :(

God knows how i got them muddled :(

Last edited:
Collinite 845 and 476 are both very durable and very easy to apply / remove . My choice is still the xxx hardcore past wax . If you wax at least once a month with any wax durablity shouldn't be an issue tbh . I tend to use a different wax each time and build up the layers . I like the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax as well seems to last quite a long time and as its a liquid you won't find anything easier to apply and remove .

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/pinnacle-liquid-souveran-p-77.html

Also try this . Wax it wet from turtle wax . Wash your car , leave it wet , spray it on and buff it off . This will bead water off your car for ages . Only £4.95 from tescos , £5.99 from halfrauds

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...logId=10151&productId=177511&categoryId=31511

I'll have a look and think about the collinite stuff.

And the pinnacle (Never heard of it)

Cheers dude ;)

Would it be any good on light colours though ?

And my car would be waxed on a monthly basis anyway or more..

I just wanted the best wax i could that looks good and lasts a while aswell as i'm sometimes offshore for a while at a time :dapprove: thats all.

And the turtle wax stuff, i'm not sure about as some people have told me to satay away from halfords for things apart from autoglym products, so i'm not sure on it. :S

Whats peoples views on it ?

The tutle wax i mean ?;)

Last edited:
Just thought would the turtle wax affaect the p21's and EGP SRP i have on already ?

It seems awful cheap ?

Although its probably ok and i'm being silly :)

106 GTi
For the money Swisswax Onyx or Chemical Guys 50/50 will look better and outlast any other waxes disscussed so far.

If you want ultimate durability Meguiars 16 or Collinite would be the choice but they lack the looks of the above and of the P21s even.

You have EGP on there which is good for protection, 3 or 4 layers of that are good for at least 3 months then top up the wax once a month for looks, no need for anything super durable.

Shampoos wise Meguiars Shampoo Plus works well in Bulk, on the 182 I have been using Duragloss Wash or Swissvax Car Bath of late.

A wax as you dry product such as the Duragloss Aquawax works well on Silver as does the Optimum Car Wax (OCW) Spray, these 2 area all I really use on my Silver 306.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just thought would the turtle wax affaect the p21's and EGP SRP i have on already ?

It seems awful cheap ?

Although its probably ok and i'm being silly :)

The turtle wax " wax it wet " won't affect the p21's or srp and egp mate . I used to use it on my iceberg 172 and looks wise it always comes up good . Give it a try , i'll bet your surprised :) Don't be put off by the price , its alot cheaper than the Duragloss Aquawax and does exactly the same thing as ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
that DODO stuff from seriousperformance is supposed to be good.. i also have always fancied trying 50/50

Just got 50/50! It's brilliant!

Hated that P21 stuff we put on Handbagg's Meg! hard to see! I wasn't convinced it was going on! - Plus it didn't smell as nice! LOL

Rich mate, why are you posting in a 'durability thread' - you know feck all about durability ;)

For the money Swisswax Onyx or Chemical Guys 50/50 will look better and outlast any other waxes disscussed so far.

If you want ultimate durability Meguiars 16 or Collinite would be the choice but they lack the looks of the above and of the P21s even.

You have EGP on there which is good for protection, 3 or 4 layers of that are good for at least 3 months then top up the wax once a month for looks, no need for anything super durable.

Shampoos wise Meguiars Shampoo Plus works well in Bulk, on the 182 I have been using Duragloss Wash or Swissvax Car Bath of late.

A wax as you dry product such as the Duragloss Aquawax works well on Silver as does the Optimum Car Wax (OCW) Spray, these 2 area all I really use on my Silver 306.

ST
Megs #16 is my winter wax.

Tho in summer, i use, chem guys XXX, chem guys insta wax, and chem guys petes 53' black pearl..

106 GTi
Rich mate, why are you posting in a 'durability thread' - you know feck all about durability ;)

True say boss, I know what I would use if I did need it.

Sorry Love Kristian xxx ;)

Anyone else suggest anything ?

And does anyone have good links to places i can get the wax or shampoo from ?

Hi people.

Highly recommend the Collinites 476... bloody good stuff. Works great on wheels and glass too.
I have collinite 476 and I like it. It's very user friendly to apply and remove.
I have never try it in wheels, is it better than PB Wheel Sealant?

I've been told Poorboys supersuds shampoo is good. :S

Can anyone vouch for that ?
I don't know feedback from PB supersuds, but if you like of much foam try CG maxisuds II.

106 GTi
I don't find MaxiSuds to make anywhere nears as foam as Megs Hyper Wash or Shampoo Plus, was disapointed with my bottle.