ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What wheels for my Iceberg 172 ?

I am seriously thinking about a new set of wheels for my Iceberg 172 thats lowered on Eibach Sportlines.

The reason for the change is my standard Ff wheels are all in need of a refurb and two of them need tyres :( so thought f**k it as i have the cash i'll treat myself :)

And they have to be 16".

But dunno what to go for or where to buy them.

I was looking at these.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2208

Or The good old Clio Favourite.

Turini's

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2145

What do people think i should go for and i dont want to spend more than £800 (or the cheaper the better) ?

Pics would be good if possible. ;)

Heres a pic of my car as it is the now for reference.

dicki.jpg

keep it standard son! you know it makes sense!

That thought did run through my mind as there heaps of 172's with Turinis :S

I was just unsure to refurb them the standard colout or in anthracite.

So i guess its a case of.

Standard wheels refurbed standard colour
Standard wheels refurbed antharcite

or

New wheels ?

Get voting now ? :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
exact same car exact same problem fella - the more I look at it though the more I want to keep it as it is!

Seen some anthracite 172 alloys but could do with some more shots to make my mind up!

tiTTy & SV650
16" Oz F1 cups?

Or refurb what you've got in anthracite. In fact anthracite 182 wheels would prob look nice with iceburg as opposed to the usual Titanium

Ph1
Dont see the point in going the Turini route. Its like changing stock for stock their that popular!

Fitting alloy wheels used to be about standing out, isnt this still the point of them?

Id personally go light weight, maybe something Jap as they fit the clio's i belive

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'd keep the standard 5 spokes, in either silver or like Turners anthracite.

turner13.jpg

I'm actually thinking about getting my 5 spokes refurbed, and putting them back on my 172 again.

PH1 iceburg
Im going for turinis on mine, but it was a toss up between those and some oz superleggerras

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I have gone for Turinis to.

Was someone selling those wheels in the first pic a few weeks ago - take a look you may be in luck.

TTRS & V50
If you have 800quid, i would, get some coilies, slam it, and get a refurb, and get some tyres, can all be done within 800, and will look the b****cks.

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
I'd go for grey versions of what you have currently, the grit, ice and dirt combo have made my front ones grey and I'm not to sure if I actually want to clean them

I'd go for koni / eibach setup personally unless you want it very low. Very underrated

Wand what kind of Koni's ?

Just the yelllow shocks ?

And will it drop it any ?
As if no i aint to fussed i'm happy with the stance at the moment.

tiTTy & SV650
yellow adjustable konis aye but use eibach pro line or eibach sport line springs for a drop. The koni springs arent so good.

Pro lines will give 15-20mm drop without compromising on ride quality.

Sport lines will drop it maybe 25-30mm

i have the anthra turini's on mine and to be honest, i want them silver now. that pic a few posts up on standard ones does look stunning mind.

it doesnt bother me that everyone has them they look gd and i like them. so its whatever floats your boat.

heres a pic anyway

DSC00712.jpg

yellow adjustable konis aye but use eibach pro line or eibach sport line springs for a drop. The koni springs arent so good.

Pro lines will give 15-20mm drop without compromising on ride quality.

Sport lines will drop it maybe 25-30mm

Ok cheers bud.

I'm running Sportlines at the moment anyway with standard shock and the rides suprisingly good.

Who stocks Koni's ?

i have the anthra turini's on mine and to be honest, i want them silver now. that pic a few posts up on standard ones does look stunning mind.

it doesnt bother me that everyone has them they look gd and i like them. so its whatever floats your boat.

heres a pic anyway

DSC00712.jpg

You cars looking sweet mate :)
What else is done to it ?

What colours are your bullets ?

And were the easy enough to paint ?

You cars looking sweet mate :)
What else is done to it ?

What colours are your bullets ?

And were the easy enough to paint ?

Pretty much standard apart from wheels, ITG panel, Remap and the bullets front diamond painted. They were done by Mish on here so not sure how easy was to do, but i'm pretty sure they are a Rover Grey. They match wheels pretty well anyway. for the time being....

M2 Competition
Amphasite 182 wheels looked ace on turners before... thats what id go for, keep it on the sportlines too.

Pretty much standard apart from wheels, ITG panel, Remap and the bullets front diamond painted. They were done by Mish on here so not sure how easy was to do, but i'm pretty sure they are a Rover Grey. They match wheels pretty well anyway. for the time being....

Ok cheers mate :approve:

I'd best get on the net and find out where to get Rover Grey paint ;)

Amphasite 182 wheels looked ace on turners before... thats what id go for, keep it on the sportlines too.

Do you think the antharcite 182 wheels would look alright on a non 182 ?

I'm dubious, everyone will think i'm trying to make a 182 replica and cant afford this exhaust :(

Bump :)

I'm open to new opinions as i'm looking at new wheels again as i'm still undecided on refurbing the standard 127ff wheels in there standard silver or antharcite :S