ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what will happen if my aux belt breaks ???

Monaco 172
Im getting my cambelt done soon but i cant afford the aux belt kit too so im gunna just have the belt replaced.

I just wanted to know whats the worst that can happen if i dont get the aux kit and tensioners break or somthing ???:(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
tbh mate its worth saving up the extra money and having everything done while its out. then you can forget about it... If the aux belt goes your fucked and will cost you £££££££££££££

Lots of Alfas
Waste of money just getting the cambelt done, the aux belt has to come off to do the cambelt and should be replaced every 36k or 5 years. The aux belts tend to go rather than the cambelts, if it snaps or a tensioner fails the belt normally wraps itself round the bottom of the cambelt, jams and snaps the cambelt too.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just like shaving half your face really - your missus will still moan your hairy!

Albi Blue RS 200
It really is false economy to not have the belt done. People often neglect the fact changing the aux belt kit is as important as the cambelt. The person who last owned my car didn't have the aux kit done with the cambelt.

I've just had the aux belt changed with the full kit, the old belt was a right state and the tensioners looked like they had been on the car from new. Glad I got them out as no doubt they were waiting to snap.