ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you do? Wheel question. 17 >> 15s ?

Nissan 350Z
So, my new Phase 1 comes shod with what appear to be 17" OZ Superturismos.

Normally, I am a bit of a purist, and stick with the wheels the manufacturer puts on the cars, but a little research tells me that the wheels I have are barely heavier than the standard ones (both in the 9kg range), so the unsprung weight argument doesn't really come into it.

I think the car looks quite good on the wheels, and thats something I'm not normally bothered about. If the unsprung weight was improved then I'd be leaning towards changing... on the other hand, I'd get cheaper tyres, OEM looks and better ride quality. Although to be fair, the ride isn't too bad (could be better, though, but its a hot hatch).

What do you reckon? Picture to help you decide!

IMG_20120526_155511.gif

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
As 17s go those aren't bad tbh, but imo it would look better on 15" Oz F1s.

That's what i'd put on it if it was mine anyway.

Nissan 350Z
Thats what I would like to replace them with, if I replaced them.

If not though, what size / stud pattern etc wheel do I need if I do decide to replace?

Nissan 350Z
Cheers coby.

I'll keep my eye out for some F1s then, if I can find any half way locally.

Should have known buying a modded car that I'd end up spending money returning it to stock.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
My experience of 17" rims on a Ph1 is they are too big to fit properly in the arches and if the car is driven really hard over twisty roads the tyres rub the inner arches. I've got OZ F1 15" rims on the car but have a set of wolfrace 17 rims I bought 2 years ago after bending two of the OZ's. They are in my garage now and are up for sale if anyone wants to buy them

Ph1 172
I quite like fom that angle; it looks V6-esque, however, ould agree with above comment above clearance

Like the looks of the car in general though. The side strips certainly help

Nissan 350Z
Thing is its lowered, and when the wheels are on full lock they are virtually touching the arches.

I can't access the parts area as I'm not a member.

TBH, I'm half thinking of selling the car as I'm thinking I want to put a standard exhaust (currently too loud), suspension (currently too low) and wheels on it. Might be cheaper just to sell it and buy a standard one?

Shame as I do like the look of it, but I'm not as bothered about that as it driving well.

Nissan 350Z
Well I've put a wanted ad in for some OZ F1s as I've just paid for the membership.

Balls to selling it. I wanted a Clio. I've got one. May not have been the best purchase I've made but I've got it now.