ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats quicker?

COLTCZT,Clio 440T project
a valver hybrid or a 206 gti 180?
if the gti what can i do to a hybrid 2 make it quicker than a chipped gti?

my m8 has just bought a GTi, fookin luvly it is!!!! but i wanna b quicker! i always had the quickest car out of my gruop of m8s nd i dont like that he may b faster :p lol

cheers lads

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
Need to spend some money on mods I d say.
Valver is 8.9 0-60 I just read. The GTI is around 7.3 so get ur wallet out ;)
The GTI isnt much slower than a 182...in a straight line.
Would get destroyed in the twisties though I reckon...:clown:

M140i
TBH the myth that 206 180's are slow and crap round corners is a load of rubbish, I drive one on a regular basis and yes to 60 the clio (182) is quicker but It's only marginal in the corners and higher speeds the Pug definately feels more responsive but hey what do I know there's only one sitting on the drive

williams and trophy
hybrid shud pan it tbh.

if not whack a pair o cams in n get it mapped.no looking back then.

of course u could always cheat and nos the fukker ;)

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
I was just kidding before...
Never driven a GTI, but I keep on reading on here that nothing is quicker than a Clio around corners...apart from a Trophy :star:

M140i
"I keep on reading on here that nothing is quicker than a Clio around corners...apart from a Trophy"

It's like brainwashing lol

TeZ

Non RS : (
^^ i no mate like a Caterham or a Atom would never beat a Clio or a raptor ETC ETC or a EXIGe the list could keep going but ...YESSSSS CLIOSSSS AREEEE THEE BESTT (in creepy voice)

S2000
It will vary depending on how good the hybrid engine is very much as well, but I would expect a hybrid to be quicker, I know mine would definately beat one.

A valver is a lot quicker to 60 than 8.9, and a hybrid even quicker. My hybrid is less than 6.5 to 60.

So to make it as quick you need to chuck loads of cash at the Hybrid.

Seems fair, lets spend the same amount on the Pug then... would probably give a Volkswagen Vernon a run for it's money!

LY 200
^^ i no mate like a Caterham or a Atom would never beat a Clio or a raptor ETC ETC or a EXIGe the list could keep going but ...YESSSSS CLIOSSSS AREEEE THEE BESTT (in creepy voice)

What you on about!? Lol

Iv had a standard hybrid and standard 182 and tbh mate there is nout in it in straight line performance and i should think the same will go for the the gti180 too.

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
Oh really?
They r 1.8 16v aren't they? Don't know what a hybrid is so they could be quicker :approve:

TeZ

Non RS : (
Jay R here this is what i was commenting on mate

"but I keep on reading on here that nothing is quicker than a Clio around corners...apart from a Trophy :star:"

ok

lol

Cup'd Monaco 172
The 206 got slated because it was crap compared to the 205, not because it was crap compared to the clio.

LY 200
It will vary depending on how good the hybrid engine is very much as well, but I would expect a hybrid to be quicker, I know mine would definately beat one.

A valver is a lot quicker to 60 than 8.9, and a hybrid even quicker. My hybrid is less than 6.5 to 60.

But and theres a big but here.....Is this 170bhp hybrid of yours standard???

Obvioulsly not at 170bhp.

Always makes me laugh when you get the mk1 bods chatting about how much quicker they are in comparison with the new but in reality there are hardly any out there in standard form.

COLTCZT,Clio 440T project
rite he is the score, he has 206 gti, cant drive 2 save his life, breaks way 2 late on the corners, gti is standard atm, but he is gettin chiiped and possibly IK (hopefully, give me a fighting chance hehe)
im after a hybrid, will strip it with roll cage. so what engine mods would need 2 be done 2 beat him?
im thinkin about lookin at midges black hybrid so u kno the car :p

You are going to struggle with a standard valver.

You'll still need to spend some cash with a hybrid.

S2000

But and theres a big but here.....Is this 170bhp hybrid of yours standard???

Obvioulsly not at 170bhp.

Always makes me laugh when you get the mk1 bods chatting about how much quicker they are in comparison with the new but in reality there are hardly any out there in standard form.

Hence why I said it will depend on the individual hybrid, I just made the statement that I would expect mine to easily beat one - I never claimed it was standard.

The only mods done to mine are that its chipped, exhaust system and a custom induction kit. Thats why I said it will vary from one hybrid/williams to another as some seem to make really good power in standard form whilst others don't. However, I would still expect a standard hybrid to do the business against a GTi from my experience, though I wouldn't think there would be much in it at all.

106 GTi
The 206 got slated because it was crap compared to the 205, not because it was crap compared to the clio.

Not really true, most road tests saw the 172 and 182 come out on top. The 180 and 138 GTis where a crap car compared to the 205, 306 and 106 GTis before it aswell as playing second fiddle to the RenaultSports.

Peugeot left there owners nowhere to go upgrade wise when they released the 206 hence lots of ex Pug owners going to the Renault side.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
i dont liek the 206 but ill need to stick up for them 2 of ma mates have them and they jus sit side by side with me

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
From my experiences with 206GTI 180's id have the money on a well setup Hybrid. At FCS 2005 one of the lads Ben had a 106gti and another one of us had a 180....the 180 got pasted on the strip.

106 although had, Magnex, de-cat, 4-1 Manifold and Ecosse Induction kit.