ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the best way to gain BHP

Renault clio mk2
Hahaha thanks everyone I was just curious I was never going to do it :D it's mad how much it costs it's 1000x more that the cars worth

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hahaha thanks everyone I was just curious I was never going to do it :smiley: it's mad how much it costs it's 1000x more that the cars worth
Start a little project thread up.

You can do it in this section: Clio Projects

I'm sure some members on here will give you some feedback on things you could do cosmetically.

Renault clio mk2
O
Enjoy the car for what it is.

If you're expecting 50+ BHP on a 1.4 but say you cannot afford to insure a 172/182 then you're mental.

It'd be cheaper to buy a 172/182 AND insure it then to get 50 more ponies from your 1.4.
only asking There only one way I was going to know this

Clio 197
I use 1st Central who are pretty good.
Until you check the policy documents and see that depsite being the main driver on the comparison site, you're now the named.

But seriously, just save up OP. I had a shitty 1.1 206 and never spent any money modding it at all. Ended up getting a 197 at 20 and absolutely love it.

172, BMW 650i & X5
Totally different thoery time...
Sell Clio, buy imported starlet turbo (very quick), there was no UK equilivent so can insure as 1.3 which is cheap as chips.
Run for a year or 2 then with the insurance down buy a 172/182 and improve skills on track days!!!

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Sell Clio, buy imported starlet turbo (very quick), there was no UK equilivent so can insure as 1.3 which is cheap as chips.
Run for a year or 2 then with the insurance down buy a 172/182 and improve skills on track days!!!
Insurance list gt's and glanzas so you can't really get away with insuring it as a 1.3 n/a... which I assume is what you're inferring?

Clio 197
Thought i'd get a quote as I'd like one. Cheapest was £3700 which is f**king expensive, although to be fair I do live in the slums but still