ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the difference between these two camera?

ITB BG 182
Got talking with a friend last night and he asked me what is the difference between the Canon 40D and 50D, he has a 40 and knows im looking at buying the 50 soon.
Is the 50 still a better camera or is there little difference.

Cupra
50D has:
Better LCD (Higher resolution)
Focus correction (many lenses have front or back focus issues, the camera can be adjusted to correct this per lens)

Aside from that, and a few extra pixels, there is not a world of difference between the two.

Oil Burner
There are 3 main differences.... High ISO (ISO goes higher and performs better - but only just) The other difference is the screen resolution which is much higher and much better. Finally the resolution of the sensor is higher.

I've owned both, the 50d is the better camera, but it is also more expensive.

Oil Burner
I'm surprised there are any New 40d's around anymore, the 50d is due a replacement in the near future, so the 40d is well over 18months discontinued.

Personally i would look at low mileage used bodies. Camera bodies depreciate like new cars, if you buy used then you make a large saving, but risk having to bare the brunt if a camera fails. Alternatively somewhere like MPB photographic offer a 6 month warranty on their used products which are very well priced, so thats a little piece of mind.

If you can afford the 50d then it is worth it.

40D has better IQ overall particularly int eh noise department.

you can get a refurbished 40D from the canon outlet store on ebay which gives you a camera with a one year canon warranty.