ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the most/least common clio on here

possibly a 172 mk1 or mk2 or a mk2 1.2 maybe, but what is the most common? wot model is it?

seen a couple of mk1 diesels, zoom and oasis, but are there rarer/less common ones? or any ones which arent on here.

uk models only

Jay

1.2 Dynamique is probably very popular - and Im adding one to that total (not exactly mine, its for my brother/me/family pool car).

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Ill be surprised if anyone has a Baccara?

For those not in the know it was basically a top of the range RT circa 1994, it was 1.8 Auto (wasnt it?!) with grey leather interior. Only ever seen one.

Anyone got one? Gotta be the rarest ever Clio, even more than the 1.1

Aye, just reading the rest of the posts, a Clio Zoom, what that again a manaul gearbox but clutchless wasnt it?

yea thats right chris, did it for the mk1 phase 3 only i think

neet idea at the time but wasnt so practical as it was new technology then

Jay

Ford Fiesta

saw an MTV today, well it sed mtv on it presumed its that edition one with the better sound system,

surely the least common is the 49BHP version...

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 07 July 2004

saw an MTV today, well it sed mtv on it presumed its that edition one with the better sound system,

surely the least common is the 49BHP version...
theres a 49bhp version??

i thought mine was the slowest at 76bhp stock?

Ford Fiesta

think its 49BHP yeah, its on clio history part of cliosport or the main page of this site.

Not a Clio anymore.....

Quote: Originally posted by MK3COL on 07 July 2004

Only know of one Silver Cup in the club...Jon_r iirc.
Dont suppose that Cup hangs about the West end of Glasgow? Sure I went passed one with a sticker.

Oh and 1.6 Rsis not that common.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 07 July 2004

think its 49BHP yeah, its on clio history part of cliosport or the main page of this site.
Theres a 50bhp 1.1 verision of the Mk1, Phase1 Clio. This engine was mainstream in the rest of Europe, but was only found in the "Night & Day" special editions over here.

The lowest power Mk2 is the 60bhp 1.2 8v unit, which is still found in the very base models of the current range.

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by boyracer666 on 07 July 2004

uk models only

Jay
Now that is a bit discriminatory. Youre just afraid that my Ragnotti would win.

Ed

[Edited by Eddd on 07 July 2004 at 9:07pm]

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 07 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by David on 07 July 2004

1.6s r rare on here!
Of all the latest Clios, 172s, Cups, 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v, etc the 1.6 16v is the rarest of them all!!
cos its an odd one to choose-its not as fuel efficient as a 1.2 or 1.4 but u dont get sh*t loads of power u mite want like a 2.0

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 07 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by David on 07 July 2004

1.6s r rare on here!
Of all the latest Clios, 172s, Cups, 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v, etc the 1.6 16v is the rarest of them all!!
cos its an odd one to choose-its not as fuel efficient as a 1.2 or 1.4 but u dont get sh*t loads of power u mite want like a 2.0
Yup thats what I thought. I nearly posted "because its neither here nor there!!"

yea thats right chris, did it for the mk1 phase 3 only i think

neet idea at the time but wasnt so practical as it was new technology then

Jay

yeah was good idea for oldies. it was definetly a mk1 or 2 but not a 3. I had a brochure which if I recall was for ph2s as it also had 16s and rsis in it.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by MK3COL on 07 July 2004

Only know of one Silver Cup in the club...Jon_r iirc.
Dust also has one.

The current 1.6 does seem to be very thin on the ground.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

MTV as in the music station???? what the hell did they have to do with clios??? what made them different to the rest????

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

Quote: Originally posted by FATBOY on 07 July 2004

MTV as in the music station???? what the hell did they have to do with clios??? what made them different to the rest????

not making it sound bitchy!!!!! soz!! saw one the other day and wondered what they had to do with clios? what refinements was there?

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 07 July 2004
Ill be surprised if anyone has a Baccara?For those not in the know it was basically a top of the range RT circa 1994, it was 1.8 Auto (wasnt it?!) with grey leather interior. Only ever seen one.Anyone got one? Gotta be the rarest ever Clio, even more than the 1.1

We have one in "Renault Tuning Finland". That is truly one really rare car...

Quote: Originally posted by fin_tm on 07 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 07 July 2004

Ill be surprised if anyone has a Baccara?

For those not in the know it was basically a top of the range RT circa 1994, it was 1.8 Auto (wasnt it?!) with grey leather interior. Only ever seen one.

We have one in "Renault Tuning Finland". That is truly one really rare car...

i forgot about this model, someone i used to work with had one, only ever seen 2 of them

Quote: Originally posted by ClioDan on 07 July 2004

mk1 1.2 primas! only me and ravo, that i kno of!
I have a mk1 1.2 Prima (5-Door), but one thing bout mine is that it is in the Met. blue colour that the 1.4 RTs etc were coloured in etc! I am yet to ave seen another car the same as mine in the 3 years I have owned it!?

what about cherry red valvers! other than mine i only know of one other in the club! possibly the rarest colour, with green of course!

regards

You know those 1.6s are superb little cars. My missus currently has one and they actually shift! Combined with the superb mpg (always in the 40s) I would argue that rather than being "not one thing or the other" its more "best of both".

That said I didnt buy a 1.6 did I? :devilish:

Craig