ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats this in my cup

Sorry for asking daft questions but what the hell is the red light for next to the gear stick on the cup?? Is it the alarm or something?

Have read through the books and still cant see anything about it

Its the alarm I think, my diesel has an alarm and has the light.

All other 1.2 Clios I see around dont have it so I guess thats what it is.

EDD

cheers lads!!

One last daft question, wheres the optimum gear change indicator thats supposed to be on the cup??

Ill shut up now, i promise!!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

its on the bottom right of the dash on the 172, ive never seen it come on in my uncles cos he never goes above 5000rpm. but its on wen u switch the ignition on

Its not an optimum changer indicator, it just comes on either 250 or 500 rpm before the rev limiter cuts in, nowhere near optimum, just look at a torque graph from a 172/cup and then find the change points

The only ya going to be hittin the limiter is to hang on balancing it through bends where a gearchange could throw the cars balance off, or on the drag strip where you lose time unless you change early enough to make it count.