ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing question

EP3 Civic Type R
Had a quick search and could not find an answer. Recently had a wheel bearing replaced for MOT on my 172, but after 200 miles I can hear the dreaded droning noise again :( Anyone know what could cause repeated wheel bearing failure? Oddly its a constant noise, it does not change volume when cornering right

M3, Cup racer'd 182
A possibility but would be surprised. Would a knackered hub assembly cause this problem also?

I would doubt it's possible to somehow get a knackered hub assembly with out it being visible (bent or scored) when fitting the new bearing, did you fit it yourself or garage? If it was a garage take it back to them as it could be a fault or a badly fitted bearing that caused it but before you go there phone renault for a torque settings and ask the garage what they torque'd it to.

EP3 Civic Type R
Garage, not done by myself. I only suggest the hub as I had it replaced with a 2nd hand one sometime back after a prang. Thanks for help so far, very frustrated as only just got it back on the road aswell :(

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Take it to the another garage for a diagnosis, if they say the bearing take it to the original garage and ask them to look at it keeping quite about the bearing you had fitted there. If they come back with the answer you're hoping for then they should replace as a bearing is designed to do thousands off miles not 200.

EP3 Civic Type R
Front passenger side
Think im going to go elsewhere for a diagnosis as M4 says
cheers for help!