ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel cleaner?

hi guys what is the best stuff for getting crap of my alloy wheels without too much hand action (ohh err) i have tried wynnes cleaner and it not to bad but you need to pressure was it off!!! anything better that can be simply rinced off rather than blasted off is that muc off stuff any good? cheers guys

106 GTi
I hate acid based cleaners, so use Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner.

Most need agitation with a brush to work on stubborn grime though.

Wonder Wheels is good stuff, very acidic though. I use it then give the wheels a thorough rinse.
It comes with a brush, but doesn't require too much effort.

cheers guys what about muc off is this any good they have a pack for 29.99 which comes will all the brushes etc and it says it is one of the best but then they all say this lol

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
yes Muc-Off is decent quality stuff and good value too. Use it all the time on my dad's Harley and use it on my alloys alot.

Autoglym engine and machine cleaner for me also, that's if my wheels are really sh*ty. Otherwise I just use car shampoo and water.

No more clio's for me!
I use the AG wheel cleaner, but its very acidic, thankfully its running out, so i'm gonna get some other stuff. :)

3 MPS, MX5
Virisol is very good although you still need to power wash it off, but its non-acidic.:approve:

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
i use wonder wheels its been voted best for years just dont leave it on to long and make sure you wash all of it off

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I use Aldi's version of fairy power spray . 99p a bottle shifts s**t like you wouldn't believe .Spray it on , leave it for 10 mins then power wash off when i power wash the car . Best stuff i've used to date , even better than AG engine and machine cleaner and hell of alot cheaper :)

cheers guys is the aldi stuff acidic mate and bad for the wheels? i think i am going to order some muc off they have a good offer on at the moment buy one get one free and come with detailing brushes to really get stuck in..let me know about the aldi stuff cheers again

Tesco Alloy Wheel Cleaner-500ml for £1.47. Removes all brake dust and chain lube fling from my bikes, and is perfect on car alloys. Big thumbs up!

Lionel Richie
MRBILLYUK said:
I use Aldi's version of fairy power spray . 99p a bottle shifts sh*t like you wouldn't believe .Spray it on , leave it for 10 mins then power wash off when i power wash the car . Best stuff i've used to date , even better than AG engine and machine cleaner and hell of alot cheaper :)

Fairy Power spray rules!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
clidge said:
cheers guys is the aldi stuff acidic mate and bad for the wheels? i think i am going to order some muc off they have a good offer on at the moment buy one get one free and come with detailing brushes to really get stuck in..let me know about the aldi stuff cheers again

Its not acid based mate . I've been using it for a few months and never had a problem with it . Its not always in store , usually when they do a special offer so i bought a load of it . Its the same stuff as fairy power spray , but fairy power spray is about £3.50 a bottle . It does say not to use on painted surfaces , but it also says 70mph on the motorway and who the fcuk takes any notice of that , lol ;)

Banana
^^ I used Fairy power spray on my barbecue last year and it took the varnish right off the side trays. I personally would not put it near my car :eek:

I use meguiars hot rims and it works a treat.

tiTTy & SV650
Ampstar said:
Tesco Alloy Wheel Cleaner-500ml for £1.47. Removes all brake dust and chain lube fling from my bikes, and is perfect on car alloys. Big thumbs up!

chain lube fling is a thing of the past with a properly set up scottoiler :rasp:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Rufstuf said:
^^ I used Fairy power spray on my barbecue last year and it took the varnish right off the side trays. I personally would not put it near my car :eek:

I use meguiars hot rims and it works a treat.

Each to their own mate . I know it works well , never had a problem with it , so thats all that matters to me ;)

ST
18ME said:
Virisol is very good although you still need to power wash it off, but its non-acidic.:approve:

I use Virosol on mine too and its spot on!!

Hot rims is dangerous!!

If u do use acid based wheel cleaners... its a really good idea to polish the wheels or wax them with normal paint polish afterwards, so next time they get brake dust and crap on them it doesnt eat away at the wheels, and washes off with ease next time.

But, best idea is not to use acid based cleaners! I just use car polish on mine every couple of months...the rest of the time just rinse off the dirt.