ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel spacers

FULL FAT 182
Hello there im going to get a set of new wheels on saturday
im looking at getting these fitted to my clio mk 1 valver, can anyone tell me what spacers i will need please

i think the valver wheels are either 35 or 37 offset the car is currenty on standard suspension.

wheel info

15x8 et45.
with 195/50/15 goodyear eagle f1's.

many thanks
nick

320d
I'd say 5mm will be enough thats what people with valvers who fit 172 wheels use

Spacers shorten the life of wheel bearings so i wouldn't go any higher than that

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
No Rich_16v, spacers do NOT shorten the life of wheel bearings.

It is having the wrong wheel offset that shortens bearing life. Whether that's cause by putting on spacers OR by putting on wheels that have the wrong offset.

But if you use spacers to correct the other way for wheels that have the wrong offset they actually fix the problem of shortened bearing life that the wrong offset wheels would have caused. They also fix the problems with clearance from inner and outer guards and suspension components, and in the front suspension in terms of steering geometry, that the wrong offset wheels would have caused.

And that's what wazza16valver is trying to do.

FULL FAT 182
I managed to buy the wheels, ive put 9.5mm spacers on the front and i need to take off 1mm off the caliper as it just touching. as for the rear i need to get some 12mm spacers to clear the calipers.
i also need to get some extended bolts on a set of locking wheel nuts.

once there on and lowered with the coilovers it should look the nuts.

thanks for your help once again.:D

pics will be posted by nexy saturday