ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Whore & New Lighting

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Some Work on the Trophy with the PR wheels finally on.

Also fitted 80w H7 full beam headlight bulbs, LED glove box light and interior LED light.
Then fitted a LED strip in the boot under the parcel shelf with some connectors incase i need to take the shelf out which i done a week or so ago.

Prima%2001.gif

Prima%2002.gif

Prima%2003.gif

Prima%2004.gif

Prima%2005.gif

Prima%2006.gif

Prima%2011.gif

Prima%2018.gif

Boot%20LED%2001.jpg

Boot%20LED%2002.jpg

Boot%20LED%2003.jpg

Boot%20LED%2004.jpg

Ring%2001.jpg

Ring%2002.jpg

Inside%20LED%2001.jpg

Inside%20LED%2002.jpg

Glove%20Box.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Thats lovely

And by far the best after market wheels you have put on after some shocking ones lol

If I'm being honest i never thought the white would go and was on the edge of getting them done in gun metal or anthracite from the powder coaters but i had the chance of getting the tyres all put on today at SWR so i went for it and i must admit i really do like them.

I now however have managed to buy another set of 4 genuine Trophy speedlines so i will have 8 in total and they will be getting all sorted with decent tyres on them and prob going back on the car

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love those wheels on 1*2s but that colour is horrendous against the car

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
As said i have managed (in the pipe line) to get another set of Genuine Trophy Wheels so will have 8 in total.

4 will be going to there original colour and the other 4 i might do silver.

As for the Prima Racing alloys i was very close to changing them from white as i thought it was too much but they have grown on me a lot.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Did you ever manage to weigh one without a tyre fitted btw?

I knew i had something to do for a user on the forum regarding these wheels but do you think i could recall what it was ? I do now tho 😊

I can weight the alloy with the tyre to give you a rough idea if thats any use.

I have Mark Fish springs on it which do bring it down slightly but i would rather have the handling then the lowz :tonguewink:

Monaco blue 172
Think the colour and the offset do nothing for the car. Would be far better on the turinins or something not white and that didnt sit so badly on the front.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
They are nice in white, something different

I know this has been done to death but which interior lights did you get? I'm trying to get some nice White sidelights/interior but every set I've bought so far have been blue -_-

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Think the colour and the offset do nothing for the car. Would be far better on the turinins or something not white and that didnt sit so badly on the front.

Tired of turinins and having two sets of them i fancied a change, Its good to break away from the norm

They are nice in white, something different

I know this has been done to death but which interior lights did you get? I'm trying to get some nice White sidelights/interior but every set I've bought so far have been blue -_-

Here is the the following LED lights i have -

LED 501 Side Lights -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-NO-ER...648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item565f3fb738

Glove Box / Interior Light & Boot Light -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121432497...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=121432497608&_rdc=1

5050 Led 1m Strip Boot Light -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301242793...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=301242793075&_rdc=1

Number Plate Bulb -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-1156-...662?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c96c5fc86

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I knew i had something to do for a user on the forum regarding these wheels but do you think i could recall what it was ? I do now tho 😊

I can weight the alloy with the tyre to give you a rough idea if thats any use.

I have Mark Fish springs on it which do bring it down slightly but i would rather have the handling then the lowz :tonguewink:
Lol! Not to worry mate. It was mainly to be nosey tbh as I like the look of the wheel.
Offset the lowz with a roll centre kit. :wink:

BG 182

When these inevitably fail like my set did (they don't like heat) and the LED's start flickering, grab yourself a set of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0088XET0S/?tag=cliospnet01-21, these are 6000k, or you can get a set of 4000k, they come with 3 years warranty.

I've tried about 6/7 sets of 501's across my last two cars, and I don't think I'll ever need to search again, they are spot on. They say they're not for road use, but never had issues with MOT or police.

Not the best picture as taken on my phone:
KVFqIHrl.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Mine are working perfect and have been for over a year and I drive all the time with my lights on. The above side lights have been the best ones I have ever bought

BG 182
Mine are working perfect and have been for over a year and I drive all the time with my lights on. The above side lights have been the best ones I have ever bought
I bought from the same seller as you, as he offers a years warranty on them, after 4 months one side started to flicker and seemed duller than the other side. I messaged him and he said he would replace them, if I send the faulty one back.. I advised its impractical to send one bulb back, after tooing and frowing he caved and sent me a replacement, just one bulb though.. Once I'd fitted it, the new bulb was noticeably brighter than the one that was working on the car, then 5 months later the older bulb started to flicker.

The Osram ones though 4* the price of the canbus free listed, definitely feel better build quality, and have 3 years warranty. I guess the saying you buy cheap, you buy twice, three, four... seven times in my case lol.

Maybe I just got a bad batch?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well this only took 48 hours and they got kurbed 😊

Its now given me the excuse to have them fully stripped back and powder coated rather than painted and I'm guessing the 20mm spacers at the front don't help much either

IMG_1641.gif