ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel wobble after fitting spacers

182 BG
Hi can anybody shed any light.. I fitted some 20mm H&R spacers bolt to hub then wheel to spacer after fitting them iv noticed I'm getting steering wheel wobble on the motorway from around 60mph upwards. I recently fitted brand new wheels and tyres all balanced before I fitted the spacers if somebody could help that would be great

Thanks

182 BG
Thanks for the quick reply.. Think il take them off tomorrow and re-fit and check in that order. Would my wheels need balancing again because iv fitted wheel spacers?

Did you clean the mating faces before fitting?

Are they sat flush?

Are they damaged?

Are they parallel?

I'd check those in order

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Link to the spacers?
What alloys are they?
Could be there's a bevel on them, this happened to mine.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks for the quick reply.. Think il take them off tomorrow and re-fit and check in that order. Would my wheels need balancing again because iv fitted wheel spacers?

No bother :smile:

I'd doubt that the wheels would need rebalancing.

Have the wheels been powder coated/painted?

Is there paint on the mating face?

182 BG
No bother :smile:

I'd doubt that the wheels would need rebalancing.

Have the wheels been powder coated/painted?

Is there paint on the mating face?

No there brand new and no I gave its a good rub down with a wire brush before fitting il just take off again and re-fit tomorrow cheers tho

dan's cast offs.
check the bolts aren't bottoming out on the hub. had this a couple of times with 20mm spacers.

182 BG
After taking it all back off I noticed marks on the hub where the wheel bolts were just a little to long, found some shorter ones in the garage and happy days it's sorted.