ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheels catching on front wheel arches

clio 172 cup
hi I've recently uprated my suspension and put 2.5 degrees negative camber onto the front wheels and now when I corner hard on track days the front wheels catch on the front part of the inner wheel arch liner. its actually been rubbing that much its gone straight through the arch liner and is rubbing on the mounting bracket for the front bumper. has anyone got any ideas on how to stop this?

clio 172 cup
haha yeah I was gonna do that but then thought I'd ask on here and see if anyone had any other ideas.

PH2 172
haha yeah I was gonna do that but then thought I'd ask on here and see if anyone had any other ideas.

Put some spacers (washers) between the top mount bearing & the top spring cover,making sure they have an internal diameter the same as the top spring cover to prevent the damper rod from punching through said cover.
About 4mm thick if you have Gaz coilovers.This will bring the bumpstops into play before the tyre hits the arch liner.