ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheelspin...and viper help :(

hey guys.

Ive had my cup nearly 8 months, at the begining it was great, a healthy amount of wheelspin then it shot off like S#IT off the proverbial shovel.

But now 1 Superchip, 1 Viper X, 1 lazer cup Zorst later all i get in first is full on wheelspin (178 at the wheels:))... standard wheels.

my 0-60 must have slowed down, its impossible to get a good start, you know what its like in the wet... now its like that in the dry. is it like that for everyone else???

Oh... whats the best way to clean a piper cross (cold air feed to close to the floor mthinks) black s#it all over it...

any help welcome, thanks matt....

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

178 @ wheels!!!!! thats bout wot roamers got init??

try puttin 205 tyres on if ya still got 195s on that mite help an shouldnt cost too much.

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by absentmat on 29 April 2004

hey guys.

Ive had my cup nearly 8 months, at the begining it was great, a healthy amount of wheelspin then it shot off like S#IT off the proverbial shovel.

But now 1 Superchip, 1 Viper X, 1 lazer cup Zorst later all i get in first is full on wheelspin (178 at the wheels:))... standard wheels.

my 0-60 must have slowed down, its impossible to get a good start, you know what its like in the wet... now its like that in the dry. is it like that for everyone else???

Oh... whats the best way to clean a piper cross (cold air feed to close to the floor mthinks) black s#it all over it...

any help welcome, thanks matt....
Feck me! Just those mods I would expect that to be at the flywheel!

Chris

172, Tiguan

those figrues would make more sese if that was at the flywheel.

I doubt your making 178 at the wheels.

Lee

BMW M2C

You could have done with getting it done before the mods. RRs arent good for telling you what you have, just showing you the effects that mods have on the car in relation to before.

Ive had 158bhp and 168bhp shown at the fly both with the car standard on different roads.

[Edited by Lee M on 30 April 2004 at 1:16pm]

because they are sh*te lol they are used to tune the car (map ) bit hard to hold onto a laptop under the bonet at 104 mph

Quote: Originally posted by absentmat on 30 April 2004

are you serious. then whats the point in having a rolling road test? if every time its done theres a 30 odd% diffrence.
as above, if you keep to the same rolling road and test before and after you get an idea of whether the mod is an improvement or disadvantage

but its gotta be done same day without getting off the rr aswell lol tyre pressure can heavily affect the power results too

no. i mean if you run three times an you get 166, 172, an 180 without changing anything. how can you trust the machine.

it should come with a warning "all we do is think of a number, times it by 12 divide it by three add 16 and charge you 50 quid"

:(

you are now talking to a broken and dispirited man...

:(:mad::(

so unhappy am i with the world that i go an buy a Focus RS. Shunning the the world of highly modified Renaults.. to wander the great masses of wa*kers with fords!

naa, could never leave my baby (the fact bits keep falling off still annoys me)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by absentmat on 29 April 2004

...its impossible to get a good start, you know what its like in the wet... now its like that in the dry. is it like that for everyone else???...
Of course its gonna rip if you use the throttle like an on-off switch...sounds like you need to practice "feeling" whats happening and ease up on the loud pedal to me...;)

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by cliosportcraig on 30 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by absentmat on 30 April 2004

why :confused:
because they rarely come with 172 atw as standard and they dont respond THAT well to those types of mods
not a single 1 172 will have 172 at the wheels from new, your lucky if they make that at the flywheel !

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 30 April 2004

im sure someone on here ran twice almost straight after each other and got 5bhp more or something lo l

me an the diff was 13bhp!!

i dont trust rr any more. they a laff but never take them as gospel.

At 1 point it was readin 200bhp at the wheels!!!!!!

Lionel Richie

172 at wheels?? on a new 172??? youre al smoking crack!!!

166 at the fly std (thats if you have a good one)