ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When 1 Clio just isn't enough....

Well I've not updated this for a few months and plenty has happened.

172 - Well, put bluntly, it's dead. The cost to fix it was too much and it's been broken for parts. Most of it's sold now but a couple of parts remain. Sad times really but I wasn't spending approaching £1,500 on it.

182 - As the 172 had been condemned (the day before a track day at Oulton) I got to stretch the legs of the 182. It ran well, had a play with a couple of Clios (LY 182 with Trophy suspension was just a tad too quick to catch though 😊). Ultimately though I needed to bite the bullet and throw money at it for it to be a more capable track car or to swap it for something better out of the box.

I decided to convince the wife we needed something bigger than the 182 as child number two is on the way and went for the latter.

So after a few weeks of staying quiet about it, mainly due to getting it working as it should do, here's the 225 F1 I picked up:

IMG_1516_zpsp2l7rccv.jpg

It's had a good few niggles and still isn't perfect but is a good work in progress. Got the main mechanical gripes resolved now and the rest is more maintenance and small cosmetic rectifications. I'm not planning on updating this thread any more as I'm Clio-less but I'll get a thread up in other marques with more info.

Tom :smilingimp: