ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When do you think Iphone rev 2 is out?

Rav4
Dilema.

My 8800 has died.

Need a new phone.

Really want an Iphone, but I think it has a lot of things missing.

If the next revision is supposed to come out Sept, I will get an iphone 16gig now.

My main requirement is exchange :(

What do you think ?

SLK 350
If your main requirement is exchange why would you even consider the iPhone right now?

Don't get me wrong I f00king love mine, but if you need exchange/business use then get a Blackberry; much better tool for the job.

Wait until the end of the month, 1.1.4 is out and there's talk of some nice announcements so possible they could easily add exchange functionale. As for the Rev2 I doubt we'd see it in the UK for a year, they need to claw back a lot of R&D and with it being not global and tied to specific telco there's a fair chance that'll take some time.

Rav4
Not a main requirement, however, a large decision factor.

We use a hosted platform for everything, emails being one of them.

They do not support blackberry, only windows mobile. Mainly due to the blackberry exchange license costs.

This is why.

Takes me around 1.45 hours to get to work.

Iphone, music, videos, games, wifi, emails (limitations) everything I need really.

Surely if I buy it now, I can then upgrade to 1.1.4, or will this version need to be paid for?

Don't get a BlackBerry, get a Windows Mobile phone. :p

(or a phone with Activesync at least!)

I'd imagine July is Rev2 iPhone time.. (USA), so maybe November for us?

Rav4
yer, I love windows mobile, normally use an TYTN II for work and I love it, but in regards to media, not too good.

If it's november, then I will get this phone on company expenses :)

Stupid 8800.

Right, next decision, 8gig or 16gig !!! mmmmmm

:)

I hated my HTC Touch.. had it 4 months before I got rid.. horrible.

Don't take my timescales as right tho mate :p
You could buy it and a new one be out next month, haha.

Apple were hiring Activesync Engineers before Christmas though, so it's definetely promising.

Rav4
Daz, no, not taking your time scales as set in stone lol but I would assume it's like that.

I do like HTC products.

Windows mobile is ideal, active sync, office, blah blah blah but need a new toy. :)

Let's hope I can do it through the company.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate your comments and thoughts, even though I am a sod :)

Thanks,

G.

Rav4
yer, but they geeks wont configure it.

Coz it's hosted, I cannot do any changes.

Otherwise, yes.

:)

I know, Imap works with it.

Thanks for all your help.

Citroen DS3 DSport
You can get 3rd party software which will allow you access to a corporate email account if your work IT department do not want to activate IMAP.

Rav4
sneeks, do you know what that is?

Hopefully 1.1.4 will have exchange support.

We shall see :)

Was going to get the iphone 16gig yesterday but ran out of time and forgot my bankcard today.

Damn :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
  Rav4
what's the issue with it being unlocked, why does he want the iphone tariff?

Ideally, I want to use my normal tariff and an iphone with unlimited data.

Thanks for those links, I will review, this is excellent news Sneeks.

Citroen DS3 DSport
No real issues with it been unlocked but for the money he'd rather have the new £45 iPhone tariff than remain with Vodafone.

Rav4
bought it !!!!

16gb, just got out out the box.

dont have a clue what to do, obviously just want to crack it and use my o2 sim card :)

gosh, so much to learn !

just downloading the latest itunes !!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
You need to run Ziphone and it will get the iPhone working for you. With an o2 sim you should only need to Jailbreak and Activate the iPhone, an unlock should not be required.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Once you have the installer available be sure to install bsd subsystem before doing anything else.

Rav4
excellent.

phone is on my o2 standard contract.

I believe it's jail broken,

BSD installed.

so far so good,

charged the phone for around 13.5 hours

not connected it to itunes yet.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's definitely Jailbroken if you can see the Installer app.

Hope you enjoy using the iPhone.