ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When someone opens a door into your car, whilst sitting in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 CUP
This is the reason why if i have to park in a car park i will only park my car at the end of the line so i can park my car as much to the edge so it gives the next person loads of room. if theres no end spaces available then i don't park there or i'll try and find a space between 2 nice cars. cant trust any of these numpty's out there anymore

172 CUP
This is the reason why if i have to park in a car park i will only park at the end of the line. then i can give the next person loads of room. if theres no end spaces available then i don't park there, or i'll try and find a space between 2 nice cars. cant trust any of these numpty's out there anymore

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
No capital letters, use of 2 instead of to.

I give you a D minus for that effort. I'm dyslexic by the way, yet I can manage it.

172 CUP
I'm sure 9/10 people will understand it so thats gd enough. dont need grades thanks left school lil while ago

MCS R56
This is the reason why if i have to park in a car park i will only park at the end of the line. then i can give the next person loads of room. if theres no end spaces available then i don't park there, or i'll try and find a space between 2 nice cars. cant trust any of these numpty's out there anymore

My ex used to do this. She got binned. It's a car, it'll happen.

08 197 cup
my previously unmarked197 has been hit twice in 2 weeks...

i feel for you here.

now need to get my PDR man round ,obviously at my expense

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
S'what I do also.

I'm always respectful to what I park next to - though usually I leave that much space that neither my door or theirs will reach the other car!

An appropriate time for a slight repost on an incident I had the other year. Coming back to work in a company Mondeo and I decide to stop at the next motorway services. As I get to the parking area, a bloke was just pulling up in a red Testarossa. I drive past, then turn the Mondeo around and park my passenger side against his passenger side. As I get out of the car, so does he, looking a bit concerned - to which I say "At least you won't get any door-dents from this side". He laughed and said thanks. :)

It's just plain decency to respect someone elses' car. Unfortunately to a lot of people they are a metal box that gets them from A to B. No concern, pride or respect is needed...

D.

MCS R56
I'm always respectful to what I park next to - though usually I leave that much space that neither my door or theirs will reach the other car!

An appropriate time for a slight repost on an incident I had the other year. Coming back to work in a company Mondeo and I decide to stop at the next motorway services. As I get to the parking area, a bloke was just pulling up in a red Testarossa. I drive past, then turn the Mondeo around and park my passenger side against his passenger side. As I get out of the car, so does he, looking a bit concerned - to which I say "At least you won't get any door-dents from this side". He laughed and said thanks. :)

It's just plain decency to respect someone elses' car. Unfortunately to a lot of people they are a metal box that gets them from A to B. No concern, pride or respect is needed...

D.

And you would have done that if it had been a D reg Micra? You're right though, it's nice to be nice but accidents happen too. I've whacked someone elses door by accident when it was really windy. I also took some paint off my door.

182 Cup
I went mental at a woman who hit my car when she opened her car door on it at an Asda carpark (I'd had a bad day). In the end she started crying after a torrent of abuse, I felt quite bad after that. Not bad enough to apologise, but bad all the same.

Sent from my iphone 7

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Seeing as this thread has moved on to a debate about parking technique (fair enough), no-one has mentioned one of the biggest causes of this predicament - the growth in the size of cars. There are now many, many more cars (pretty much all 4x4s, medium/large saloons, MPVs) that you can barely park in a car parking space created some years ago, and in some cases, more recently.
A couple of years ago, I attended a meeting on Moorgate and parked in a multi-storey. I can't remember what it was called but the levels went underground (to about 7).
In it, there were Boxsters like you'd expect to see Fiestas, a couple of Ferrari, handful of Aston and various others packed inches from each other like sardines (banks and law firms all around!).
What struck me was that when I tried to park in one of two spaces I managed to find, my then Pug 307 company car would get into the space, but not allow me to get out of the car. Neither of the cars either side were particularly badly parked. I'm 5' 8', slim and perfectly mobile. I moved from the first space to try another where I left the car but the works van next to me was an inch from my passenger side mirror and I resigned myself to the fact that he would damage the mirror.
It's the same with many supermarket car parks. Look at an X5 or Q7 or Jag XF/XJ in the average space. There is simply no room to get out either side.

Ph2 1.6 16v

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Fletcher
Whats a clayton?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DrewMcRAVE
It seemed appropriate at the time; i literally have no idea.

~Mint :lolup:

Haha agreed! Might start using that one...

Cheers United.​

Clio Williams & 182
This happened to me once, except it was a young lady. She gave me a huge mouthful of abusive when I pointed out the dent and got back in her car and drove off screaming.

What could I do? Kick crap out of her? Police didn't care and car park owners didn't want to know.

GW 200
you know, an old man of more or less the same age as your friend there had bumped into my brand new 200 and gave it a dent only a couple of weeks after i had it.
i was so very upset that day, but i let it go... and i wouldn't have done so had he been of a younger age!

182 Cup
I've heard of it the other way too though. My mrs was getting fuel and was accused of putting a dent in another car when she opened the door. She got a load of mouth off some gobby cow and the fella with her. She was a little taken aback, but the funny thing was that as neither car had moved she opened her door as wide as it would go and proved that it wouldn't even reach!

The complaints still kept coming though and they were demanding money for the repair! In the end a guy filling up his car behind came over and told them to piss off as he'd seen the whole non-event. Chancers.

Clio 1.6
This happened to me before i was in a carpark and this div drove up next me in a van very close and i knew he was gonna hit my car. He opend the door hit my door not very hard but anyway closed his door then did it again and squeezed out as i waited then i got out and confronted as he was talking on his phone , and he said I didnt do it even tho i clearly watched him and he turned around and smirked so obviously checked my car no marks how ever he muttered under his breath laughiing.... (so i said one up you my turn now) booted his door laughed and said we are even now ,I walked away in amazment he did nothing and I drove away , I really think i got the upper hand as he was a ponse in his 30's lol

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
This happened to me before i was in a carpark and this div drove up next me in a van very close and i knew he was gonna hit my car. He opend the door hit my door not very hard but anyway closed his door then did it again and squeezed out as i waited then i got out and confronted as he was talking on his phone , and he said I didnt do it even tho i clearly watched him and he turned around and smirked so obviously checked my car no marks how ever he muttered under his breath laughiing.... (so i said one up you my turn now) booted his door laughed and said we are even now ,I walked away in amazment he did nothing and I drove away , I really think i got the upper hand as he was a ponse in his 30's lol

FFS!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
And you would have done that if it had been a D reg Micra? You're right though, it's nice to be nice but accidents happen too. I've whacked someone elses door by accident when it was really windy. I also took some paint off my door.

Nope. But I still would make sure I didn't open my door on his. :)

D.

FYI OP should have shot him. He took the risk of going out in his car. Probably would have been killed on the way home anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.