ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where the best place to mount an amp

hi people need help knowing how to mount an amp on the back of the seats in the back of my clio?

how do you unzip the covers on the backseats of the car?

can you put an mdf board on in between the overs and then mount the amnp on that

ive just mounted mine to the sub box, lot easier!!

unless youre building some kind of showcar? be thinking false boot floors etc

You dont even need to bother with MDF. No pics yet, but fitted my amp at the weekend using zip ties around the internal framework of the seatback to secure the amp. The zip ties poke out through small holes I made in the seatback and hook through the mounting holes in the amp! Saves weight too cos you dont need MDF! (and this was a reasonably sized 4-ch amp - not exactly lightweight).

And the covers unzip via closers at the base of the seatback - mine were very well buried so hunt around for the closers.

muz

big fat japanese bus

Quote: Originally posted by Andy_sport on 16 May 2005

ive just mounted mine to the sub box, lot easier!!

unless youre building some kind of showcar? be thinking false boot floors etc

THats not such a good idea, the sub box will vibrate the amps internals possibly causing damage

i ve have a 2000 w reg clio and on the back of the seats there aint no hard back so i dont see how i could hold the amp on there

Arron, my 04 172 seatbacks are the same - no solid back - but its easy to fit an amp to the back of them (must be, even I managed it ;)).

If you poke around the seatbacks youll find metal bars running from top to bottom of the seatback. Theres only a few of them, but its enough to mount an amp onto. I looped zipties around these metal bars, poked the end of the zipties out through the material on the back of the seat, and looped them through the screw holes on the amp. Et voila, one amp fitted.

Ill try and get pics tonight if that would help!

yeh thanks

instead got an MDF board sized to the back of the seats and zip tied it to the metal framework and doing it that way

THats not such a good idea, the sub box will vibrate the amps internals possibly causing damage

-------------------------------

it rests on little rubbers to reduce direct vibrations, but i dont think it would do any damage as they are designed to withstand vibration. no problems as yet anyway, had it set up that way for months :D

Nah dont worry about it. If the sub box is decent it shouldnt vibrate at all. Thats the whole point of using accoustic material like MDF to build the boxes in the first place. If the sub box vibrates it is spoiling the sound of the sub.

Quote: Originally posted by Andy_sport on 20 May 2005

-------------------------------

it rests on little rubbers to reduce direct vibrations, but i dont think it would do any damage as they are designed to withstand vibration. no problems as yet anyway, had it set up that way for months :D