ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to get a 182 catalytic converter?

Car failed MOT on emissions. Catalytic converter is the cheapest thing on the list (had new lambda sensors etc) Options so far:

* Renault (see this post and LOL)
* Cats2u.co.uk £90 ish (anyone used them, will it fall apart or massively reduce power?)
* ReactCatalysts.co.uk £160 (anyone used them, will it fall apart or massively reduce power?)
* K-tec sports cat £300 (will this be any better than an ebay job, what with the stick ktec are getting recently for their prices?)
* Used OEM item from a club member £100? (no guarantees of it being any better than my current one?)
* Custom job £??? (Been recommended the Banbury branch of LongLife)

Would be very interested in other options, or people's experiences with Cats2u.co.uk?

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
I bought one for my Astroid from Cats2u, Cheap and good quality. just make sure you contact them and ask what joins it has on it, for instance the Astra one they sent me came with a Male end, it needed to be Female so didn't fit, but when I called them back they collected it and sent me another one. personally if decatting the car straight after just get a new cheap one.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
find a friendly member whos car has passed mot recently near you, borrow their cat for a test, its only 4 bolts per car to get it off and swap over.

then you'll know its definitely cat that's the issue if it passes.

then search for a replacement, that way saves wasting money. if you were closer to me you could borrow mine.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
^ Not all cars use Olive Joins, not all will fit the manifold and clamping system that Renault use, that's bit of a shot in the dark there, length will also be an issue.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The 182 comes with a sports cat 200 cells per inch. Just in case you didn't know.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if your worried about power loss (as I would) with a patern part one id be going k-tec sports cat

however id be tempted to just get a 2nd hand one from ebay or here first as its not a massive common area to fail