ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to put petrol cap when filling up, just found out today!?!?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon all,

I gave the inside of my petrol flap a clean today and while doing so I realised this is actually designed to hold you peteol cap when filling up. I have owned a clio for 8 years and never untill today realised this.

Am I the only one?

4E7E9E8C-818C-4EFA-B39F-0D2D1BE2CD2C-599-000000BE786860BE.jpg

Thanks,
Austin

Flol I'm the same, on my third Clio and this is the first time I've noticed that. Off to see if it's just sports models or all Clio's.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I always thought it was poor that Renault had no allowance for this. Only had a mk2 for 5 years too :eek:
Lol! I always open the fuel cap whenever I clean my car (a lot) and I've never noticed it.

I need to fill up tonight actually, so I no what I'll be doing ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
The 200 has a plastic cable thing on the cap, so it makes you use the hook :)

197 too, I hate that bit though, it actually makes it harder to use the hook

Always used it on mk2s, had a couple of other cars with similar things and I like it.

172 + 350z
Haha I read it in the manual the day I got the clio and used it ever since.
I suppose if you aren't looking for it or never had a car with a hook before you wouldn't notice it.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Oh dear, in 6 years I've never known this. I always put the cap on the roof haha