ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which 172?

RB 182 Cup
Im Back! After my little 1.2 go kart was written off by my little brother :mad: i moved on to a williams for 5 days until my EG civic vti come along :D Gotta love vtec. Do love this thing, faster the my mates 197 and 172's and 182's ive come accross and 2.0 corsas, 2.0 fiestas and stuff but it cant handle for s**t. Few of my mates still have their dynamques and stuff but the 1 whos bought all my old clio stuff has made me fall in love again. Fancey a ph2 172 but think the ph1's would be better for what i want.

Serious answers needed as ive driven neither yet. Want the faster 1 (will be stripped instantly) and the 1 that handels better. Also which engine stuff and suspension setups are good.

thanks

alex

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are you saying a 1600 Civic is faster and has better handling than a 197??

I'm not really sure I understand your post.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm no better off.

Its no Quicker than the 197? And Can't handle???

Maybe I should leave this thread...

RB 182 Cup
lol to simplify it, im afer a 172 but want peoples views on which phase is faster for track use

Golf 7R
The thread is laughable! I would not waste my overpriced V- power on a 1.6 Civic Vti. Its more than a match for a CTR so a 1.6 Vti is just plain comedy!

172 cup would be my choice ( albeit slower than the civic)

RB 182 Cup
i was thinking of a black ph1, is there much weight difference in the ph1 and 2?

lei69gh what clio do you have? also where abouts in essex? could meet up for a little drive then i can show you what i mean about the vti. thats if your up for it of course

Golf 7R
i was thinking of a black ph1, is there much weight difference in the ph1 and 2?

lei69gh what clio do you have? also where abouts in essex? could meet up for a little drive then i can show you what i mean about the vti. thats if your up for it of course

As much as it would thrill me to go back to my childhood and risk my licence so i can show you a clean pair of heels i'll erm... pass thankyou. I had a 172 cup followed by an upgrade to a 197 both of which will beat your V- tec yo high 7's to 60 Vti. Im in Harlow not a million miles away from southend so if you see a Nimbus 197 with black wheels feel free to hoot wave hell even buy me a drink but racing is for the track!

;)

ValverInBits
buy a Ph1

Alternatively get a Ph2 cup. I have the FF but the only extra I actually aprechiate are the nice seats and the xenons. Cup is lighter

53 Clio's & counting
black ones are faster :D but there was only 117 made so might have trouble getting one so might be easier for going for a slower silver one..........;)

RB 182 Cup
Are you saying a 1600 Civic is faster and has better handling than a 197??

I'm not really sure I understand your post.

The EK9 is probaly faster but not a VTi

ek9 is a model like mk2 ph2?

lol fair enough lei69gh. have you ever been in a eg vti? 1.6 168bhp (b16a) vtec and the same size as a saxo. If a saxo vts with a few breathing mod is the same if not quicker then a 172 then a VTI full stripped with remap, manifold, decat, cat back, induction kit would murder 1.

drrollo i cant find a thread on your car?

Golf 7R
Again another modded can beat standard thread... when will you guys learn!!?? Did you forget to mention that your car was stripped and highly modified in your first post...let me see...... nope! Tut tut

Fiesta ST Stage 3
In the Renault hand book it had the Fastest in order

1.Silver 0-60 6.8
2.yellow 0-60 8.5
3.black 0-60 10.2

:rasp:

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Keep the Honder you no it makes sence you dont want any of this french cr*p lol . Go for a mk 1 amazing cars had my one for year and a bit and was great fun just watch out for the gearbox .

to be fair the civics are fast standard, would be a match for a 172 i would think. but asking for a race on the road!!! come on mate. if you want cheap, mk1, if you want fast, cup, if you want toys and fast, 182 cup pack, if your hardcore, trophy.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The EK9 is probaly faster but not a VTi

ek9 is a model like mk2 ph2?

lol fair enough lei69gh. have you ever been in a eg vti? 1.6 168bhp (b16a) vtec and the same size as a saxo. If a saxo vts with a few breathing mod is the same if not quicker then a 172 then a VTI full stripped with remap, manifold, decat, cat back, induction kit would murder 1.

drrollo i cant find a thread on your car?

Sorry i dont understand what your telling me:eek: ?

The EK9 (B16BR) I reckon would probaly beat a vts and vti (Standard)
If we start talking mods then i have no idea, no two cars are built the same and then you have to take the drivers,conditions etc etc into consideration, we would be here all day:nono:

53 Clio's & counting
I think the black ones are slower as they soak up more heat :)

ha lol thats a good un

suppose i best think of a comeback................

silvers slower, thats why so many were sold,they were all bought by slow drivers/women and the the black (read fastest) ones were sold to 'proper' drivers :rasp:

*now runs and hides as he remembers how many silver owners/women there are on this site :eek:

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Hang on a minute i drive a black ATR what am i saying ?? let me start again

BLACK = fast LOL :)

I think the black ones are slower as they soak up more heat :)

ha lol thats a good un

suppose i best think of a comeback................

silvers slower, thats why so many were sold,they were all bought by slow drivers/women and the the black (read fastest) ones were sold to 'proper' drivers :rasp:

*now runs and hides as he remembers how many silver owners/women there are on this site :eek: