ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which ABS sensors?

M2 Comp
Unfortunately, I had to butcher my front ABS sensors when removing them from the hub carriers, so I need to replace them. Is this a 'genuine only' part of is there a good (and cheaper) alternative?

Thanks in advance.

M2 Comp
Thanks Scott, so not essential to buy the genuine sensors then!

ECP have two, both made by Bosch, but one is £13 and the other is £65. Will the cheap one be ok?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks Scott, so not essential to buy the genuine sensors then!

ECP have two, both made by Bosch, but one is £13 and the other is £65. Will the cheap one be ok?
No bud, I think the Bosh ones I bought for the PH1 where about £65.

Have you put your registration number into there web site to see what comes up?

M2 Comp
No bud, I think the Bosh ones I bought for the PH1 where about £65.

Have you put your registration number into there web site to see what comes up?

Yes put my reg in and it's still showing three variations of front ABS sensors, all are Bosch.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Best give them a quick call then mate, I bet it's the more expensive one's.

Have you looked at the "more info" bit?

M2 Comp
Yeah I've clicked for more info but they all have the same description...

I'm sure you're right about it being the more expensive one though, it always is lol!

Will give them a call. Cheers mate!

182 Trophy
Look in the product details, as some are for cars with ESP (or ASR) and some are for cars without. Being a Trophy, you'll need the ones for an ESP equipped car.

But worried this may be the case as they are uber expensive. In abroad at the moment do can't get the part no. Off mine

182 Trophy
Based on some threads I've read on cs.net, some have suggested that the ATE items listed for 182/Trophy (with ESP) are correct for the rear and even come with the Renault part number printed on the cable.

For example, see Post #11 in http://www.cliosport.net/threads/n-s-rear-abs-sensor.73049, which is for the ATE rear left (near-side) sensor, with ECP part number ending 750. You can see the correct Renault part number printed in the photo.

The cross-referencing to Renault part numbers in ECP's own eBay listings for these items seem to be correct too. ECP only seem to list a rear right (off-side) sensor when I put in the details for my Trophy, which has the longer 1668mm cable that runs across the rear beam (ECP part number ending 760).

Can anyone confirm?