ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which car, audi, cliosport or vxr?

A white and black one
I'm thinking of changing my car next year i know its a while away but i wanted opinions.

Its between the Audi A3 1.8 / 2.0

Vauxhall Astra VXR

or simply upgrade to a 172 or 182?

Thanks

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Probably only gonna get one answer on here. You'll get a few VXR recommendations but most people in the main will say go for a 197 if you can afford the astra vxr. Tbh that's actually my recommendation too... but whatever you do don't buy the astra, I know someone with one and he hates it, poor fuel consumption, underwhelming drive, just poor all round. Soon as he's had it a year he's getting shot.

A white and black one
Well i do like the 197, and i hate the clutch on all vauxhalls. I will have around 20grand, that enough?

I wouldn't have put the Audi in the same camp to be honest, entirely different type of car.
I would be tempted by a few of these 197's on the market at around the £10k mark used, although I hate depreciation with a passion so i would probably end up trying to find a mint 182 in a desirable colour with both cup packs for around the £7k mark in the hope that it won't depreciate massively.

A white and black one
OK cheers mate, thought they were more expensive since i'm willing to pay 20k, i do like the 182 though, but at the end of the day insurance will kill me, i'll only be 19.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
If you want something new then have a look at Renaultsport meganes, a lot of people on here rave about them. If you wanted something Clio/Corsa sized I'd go for the Clio every time. A nice 197 with the cup suspension. And you'd have a shedload of cash left over.

A white and black one
Sounds good to me, i'll test drive a few and see what i like best, the rest if the cash can go towards insurance, originally it was going to be a porsche boxster but i've gone off them loads

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Sounds good to me, i'll test drive a few and see what i like best, the rest if the cash can go towards insurance, originally it was going to be a porsche boxster but i've gone off them loads

Glad to hear it. I don't care how good they're supposed to be to drive, they just tell everyone that you're desperate to be really rich and successful and you're not quite there. And at 19 no insurance company would touch you, surely.

A white and black one
I'll have the money to back me up like but i really don't want to pay more than 2k cause i just want something that is nice to drive looks good and is not too expensive, i mean my mate got a insurance quote of 27k, i don't like spending money to be honest.

A white and black one
I know yeah it is isn't it, but if you have the money why not, but i'd prefer something smaller myself

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
your worrie about insurance on a 1*2 but are willing to get a astra VXR?

Black Gold with cup packs
Go for a 197 cup in white with black speedlines and recaros. Use the remainder of your cash to pay your 2-3k insurance premium straight off.

A white and black one
197 in white sounds good, what about the R27 in that liquid yellow, are they similar?

cock mobile.
Why not consider a Megane R26 if you are considering the VXR?

Or even a Golf GTi, Focus ST, Leon Cupra, etc?

A white and black one
Vxr was just a first choice since my mum has an astra. Guessing you have the megane r26, any good?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Three very different cars

The audi is very much a family car in the 1.8 and 2.0 na.

The Astra will have significantly higher running cost than all the as insurance, petrol and the forgotten stuff like tyres are more expensive. Believe a continental tyre for a Astra is about £150 min fitted compared to about £70 on a 1#2.

1#2 best value for fun / performance. But smaller than the two above. Prob the cheapest to run out of the three

cock mobile.
Vxr was just a first choice since my mum has an astra. Guessing you have the megane r26, any good?

I'd say it was the best hot hatch money can buy these days, well in the ~20k bracket anyway.

Do some looking at reviews etc and then test drive them all.

Mate has a silver VXR, very nice car, but I'm glad I have the Megane, handaling is sooo much better.

A white and black one
Yeah when i get it which won't be yet, as said at the start of the thread i'm not looking to buy soon

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
you are 19 who is willing to spend 20K on a car and ur considering a clio sport! They good dont get me wrong but better cars out there if you have up to 20k.

and your worried about insurance on a clio but not a vxr.

this whole thread doesnt add up.

He already has a clio sport, he's looking at RS clios ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah, people who call them sports are technically wrong, the normal ones are "sports"

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
no cos then the RS would be after the model

I.E focus RS