ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which DA

Ph1 172 (titanium)
I got pads with the kit. Think they were menzerna ones.
After those I got some LC hydro tech pads and some CG hex logic pads. Both good.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
chemical guys hexlogic range worked well with DA. or the new autofinesse kit is said to be developed for DA use but not used it yet.

If youre planning on doing a lot of correction go for the more powerful pro version. If you're going to be doing more glazing or pre wax cleansing, or hoping to move up to rotary polisher at some point stick to the basic version

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
chemical guys hexlogic range worked well with DA. or the new autofinesse kit is said to be developed for DA use but not used it yet.

If youre planning on doing a lot of correction go for the more powerful pro version. If you're going to be doing more glazing or pre wax cleansing, or hoping to move up to rotary polisher at some point stick to the basic version

Cheers dave, ill look into it...

So go for the Pro over the Megs DA then?

Cheers

CursedTitanium 182FF
Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I got the Das6 pro menz kit wasn't a fan of the pads but the polish is great stuff and the DA certainly seems like a good bit of kit. As mentioned in this thread I used the hexlogic pads and they were much better to use.

Z4
I hate the on/off button on the das6 with passion! Maybe mines faulty but I've heard others complain about it too?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just one of those things with a DA.

If I can offer any advice, don't buy a kit. Most come with terrible pads or polish.

Get the DA then buy a couple of pads (hexalogic), maybe a few samples of some polishes.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Just one of those things with a DA.

If I can offer any advice, don't buy a kit. Most come with terrible pads or polish.

Get the DA then buy a couple of pads (hexalogic), maybe a few samples of some polishes.

Cheers Gally, yeah thats what i was going to do.

My next post will be "which polish" lol

So either of them DAs will be fine then?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't Scrooge recently detail your car? If so I'd personally get a da with a couple of hex logic pads (black & white) and then get a glaze such as amigo, and also get a cleanser with abit of cut like rejuvenate (see dans thread from today).

That way you can get to grips with the machine and just top up the work that Scrooge did, later on before winder for example move on to some polishes to chich I would probably go for either the 3m range (elite do a sample kit) or the auto finesse range.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Didn't Scrooge recently detail your car? If so I'd personally get a da with a couple of hex logic pads (black & white) and then get a glaze such as amigo, and also get a cleanser with abit of cut like rejuvenate (see dans thread from today).

That way you can get to grips with the machine and just top up the work that Scrooge did, later on before winder for example move on to some polishes to chich I would probably go for either the 3m range (elite do a sample kit) or the auto finesse range.

Yes mate he did, ok that sounds good as my car was done with Amigo.

My sisters just bought a black Merc (new car) that she wants polished/waxed, what to use on this?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate he did, ok that sounds good as my car was done with Amigo.

My sisters just bought a black Merc (new car) that she wants polished/waxed, what to use on this?

Again if its a new car I wouldn't want to be jumping straight in, I'd cleanse then glaze.

At the beginning the wash stages and Devon stages are most important, get them perfected whilst you get to grips with the DA and then move on to correction

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Again if its a new car I wouldn't want to be jumping straight in, I'd cleanse then glaze.

At the beginning the wash stages and Devon stages are most important, get them perfected whilst you get to grips with the DA and then move on to correction

Right so white pad for cleanseing then the black for the glaze?

Then wax? Was thinking about the AG HD wax?

Cheers for you help...

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh, white for cleansing as it will provide a little when using rejouvinate, blue to glaze. HD is a very good wax, spread it very thinly and do two panels at a time and you'll be fine with that.

Have you got the bits for the decon stages?

Iron x, tardis, clay etc.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have clay, thats it...lol

I need a step by step list tbh.

I also need a list of "bits to buy" Im going for the DAS-6 pro DA, so i also need white, blue and black pads?

Thanks again.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Something i wrote in a thread the other day!!!!

Snow foam+apc wash left to sit, then agitated,

Rinse off!

Apc+ironx on wheels and agitated, then rinsed.

Bodywork ironx+ rinse.

Clay barred.

Then snow foamed+rinse!

Wash with Btbm (2bm). Rinsed.

Dried with wooly mammoth.

All plastics taped up.

3 stage machine polish.

Then glaze and sealant or wax!

Tires all dressed. Windows cleaned and sealed. Etc etc.

used to do it over 2 days!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
As my sisters car is a week old i am hoping to wash, clay and then glaze with Prima Amigo then wax with AG HD wax?

She just wants the paint protected.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Stick to the black and white hex pads, work well for cleansing as have a little bite, finish down well and still soft enough to glaze with. I hardly used the softer red or blue pads.