ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Engine?

225 powered mk2
Right guys, Ive owned my clio for about 2 years now, Im really into my modifying, some of you may have seen my clio, mk2 ph1 black with turbines on and airbrushing and flocking etc. But im getting very bored of it.

Anyway Im really thinking of doing an engine conversion now, Im a mechanic fresh out of college so labour will be done by me and guys at work, But I cant decide which engine to go for, As im trying to think which is best for gains.

I really want to put in a 225 f1 engine as they are turbo'd, I know its not going to be easy, and mounts will have to be made etc, and the wiring isnt gonna be a walk in the park. plus the rest of problems.

Or on the other hand put a 172 engine in there and turbo or supercharge it? Im really not sure on the gains of each, as you can tell i really want boost!

Any advice or comments would be awesome, someone lead me in the right direction!

cheers all.