ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which exhaust for a 172

Subaru WRX

Hi,

I have got an 02 172 mk2 and I am thinking about changing the exhaust but cant make my mind up as to which one to buy. Looking for one that isnt too loud but sounds and looks good, dont want a lot of noise on the motorway as I have to travel on them everyday.

On my last clio a 95M 16V I had a Magnex full stainless which was very good, what are they like for the 172?

Any ideas / suggestions?

Cheers Mark.

Ive heard theyre very good, magnex always are though!

If i was in your position id get a custom exhaust though to mix performance with style. Id get a custom carbon fibre exhaust from 888 motorsport, and be a leader! :D

I know that for the Mark 1 you can get a 4" Imola from Scorpion, a 6"x4" or twin 3.5" from Magnex, a twin 3.5" from Mongoose, twin 3" from Janspeed and K-Tec. K-Tec also do a 4" slash cut and a 3"x5" oval/boxer. I expect these will be the same for the Mk2.

Other than that you could get a custom setup done in Powerflow, Predator, Topgear etc. Plenty of choice!!

I dont think so, Fast Car covered them quite well as their Seat Leon Cupra has one. Ill try and get back to this thread later with a phone number. They do diffusers and everything, not sure about prices though, being all carbon fibre (not just metal with sheet carbon) it wont be cheap ! They do exhausts from 3inch to about 6 and since most stuff is development theyll do pretty much anything you ask for.

Ive had Scorpions on my 19 16v and 306 Rallye, both give reasonable gains but are feckin loud, a nasty, booming sort of noise. And the last one melted as well...

Mongoose on the Evo was fantastic, another 17bhp, but then thats a different animal.

Hayward and Scott rear box on the Scoob sounded fantastic.

But Ill probably go for Magnex as well.