ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHICH harnesses for harness bar.

At the moment theres been some talk of a harness bar being made for the clio.

My problem is ive just orderd a new set of 4 point harnesses with the clip type anchors that fix to eye bolts, which i have fixed to the oem seatbelt points.

Now im in two minds wether or not to return the clip style for a refund as i 'think' i need the short harnesses with the cage 'loop' style ends?

Or can i still use my clip style long harnesses and still wrap them around a harness bar and shorten them with the adjusters with no problem?

people with cages help please.... did you need to buy new harnesses?

thankyou
pete

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
So your harnesses have these?

3inch%5Bekm%5D421x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg

If so, just undo your harnesses so that they don't loop around them, and loop them around the cage instead (if that makes sense). This is how I did mine:

DSC_0336.jpg

You can shorten the harnesses no problem and just roll them up (see pic above). Alternatively you could always cut them as long as you burnt hte ends so they don't fray

cheers mate, just had a look over my existing harnesses and did think the catch was stiched to the end of the belts, i now see they can be removed, thanks buddy.

for the angle is it not to exceed 20 degrees from horizontal and 500mm back from the seat, if exeeded i have to cross them?

cheers mate, yeah thats the infro from scroath ive been looking at, so ideally i need this harness bar buyign to be onthe safe side, otherwise the seats could collapse as ther not ment to take such strain from them angles.

172 Flamer, BMW E46
What harnesses have you got? ive been looking for harnesses to loop around my rear strutbrace of my mk1 clio, but all the ones i can find have the clip type like above?? do you have to cut them off? but then how do you wrap them around again?

anyhelp much appriciated :D

to bring an old post up im saving your life. NEVER attach your harnesses to a strut brace as any accident you might have the strut brace will be ripped free as its not designed for that. always fix to cage or harness bar. oem seatbuckle holes will work with eye lets but harnesses will be at incorrect load angles

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Okay, well i have a k-tec half cage so knowwhere to mount on there, if i was to weld in brace with plates wud that be okay, ill upload a pic to help explain...

Mk1%20Clio

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Your pictures aren't working, but ffs don't mount harnesses to anything other than a proper cage.

Mounting them to a strut brace is just suicidal.